PDA

View Full Version : First detailing - now all paint imperfections shown

njgolfer
06-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Detailed my Accord EX coupe in red for the first time this weekend. Washed, clayed, pre-polish enhancer and because I ran out of time, I skipped the WG Paint Sealent and just did a coat of Natty's Blue.

Came out real nice but now I realize how chipped up my hood. What can I do to take care of those blemishes?

Also, for some of the larger scratches that are through the clear top coat and the red color, what is the best way to treat those?

Thanks!

abrcrombe
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Pics of the chips because it is hard to diagnose without knowing exactly what they are. If a scratch has gone through the actual paint, I would consider contacting a professional. Jobs like that are not reccommended for the weekend detailer.

ScottB
06-19-2006, 05:24 PM
consider having a body shop repaint. Likely the only way to make the surface match the rest of the detailed car. Otherwise each dot or spec and scratch needs to be filled, leveled, and then redetailed. Lots of work ....

njgolfer
06-20-2006, 10:07 AM
I was worried that a body shop repaint would be the only option... :-(

Maybe for some of the larger scratches, I will do those. Especially on the bumpers where it is noticable.