PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever....

Nightwing
07-01-2015, 12:00 AM
This afternoon I pulled into a car wash to vacuum my car and saw something that bothered me a little. Now before I became interested in auto detailing and a member of AGO what I saw wouldn't have even crossed my mind. I saw an Air Force 1Lt spray washing a Mercedes E400 with the brush on paint and windows.

I wanted so bad to tell her that she was do so much damage to her car paint, windows and wheels. I'm sure she may not have been upset since I would have approached her from the commonality perspective since I'm retired Air Force myself. No, I'm not a professional detailer and didn't have any business cards to hand her. But I certainly would have certainly offered some unsolicited info on what she was doing to her car.
I mean even a washless/rinseless job would have been better since she looked to be in a hurry that she didn't dry it I think because she was still in her uniform. I would have suggested that she view the videos of Mike's training the public and the uninformed on correct procedures. Or even suggest we meet at the carwash stalls on base and show her some better ways of cleaning her care.
Has anyone ever wanted to approach someone in this situation?

davey g-force
07-01-2015, 12:40 AM
Plenty of times, but I've now given up.

Sure, there are people that don't know better, but unfortunately most of them don't care, or can't be bothered doing anything about it.

trashmanssd
07-01-2015, 05:31 AM
Yupp save your breath and time. 97 percent of people dont care and will just think your a crazy person.

FUNX650
07-01-2015, 07:33 AM
•Let's see...from what I gather...you're wondering:
-How shall I approach this total stranger?

•Which begs for me to ask:
-Will starting up a conversation about how you feel is (and I'll paraphrase): "not the proper way to wash a car"...just be a false pretext in order to meet a lovely lady that you find attractive?

-Would you similarly "cold-approach" a person
if they were of the male-persuasion?

IMHO:
Based on the way today's fear-filled and litigious
World operates: It can be an intimidating situation.
Indeed: It could be ball-shrinkingly terrifying,
at times, for some folks.

Bob

dcjredline
07-01-2015, 09:01 AM
It is as others said, a loosing battle. Dont waste your time. Its not your car and it shouldnt matter to you. (I said shouldnt but Im on your side and it DOES matter)

Nightwing
07-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the input.

custmsprty
07-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Yupp save your breath and time. 97 percent of people dont care and will just think your a crazy person.

:iagree: Yup, let it go, you can't fix the world. :buffing:

Lt driving an E400, her husband must be the base commander LOL!!

dcjredline
07-02-2015, 12:30 AM
1st Lt at least not a butter bar! lol.