PDA

View Full Version : MF pads on 3401

Bicycle
06-30-2015, 03:41 PM
I want to try MF pads on my Flex. In Mikes book on the Flex he recommends the LC rotary pads because of the extra thickness.
What's other MF pads are good on the Flex.
Thanks.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-30-2015, 11:22 PM
I have tried a few different brands of MF pads on the 3401 and personally do not care for the way they feel while buffing. Too grabby IME.

I have tried the Lake Country MF pads, Meguiar's MF pads, and Optimum MF pads. If I had to choose one that returned the best results for a MF pads it would have to be the Optimum pads. I was also using FG400 and M105 as my compound.

However I would much rather use wool pads on the 3401 as they offer more cut and better better feedback. Besides, a wool pad will out cut a MF pad with the forced rotation of the Flex.

Bicycle
07-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Thanks Mike. I'm gonna try the LC purple wool foam pads.
A couple of questions. During the buffing process, would you clean these with a brush or compressed air. And four a full size truck would 4 pads be enough??
Thanks again.

07-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Thanks Mike. I'm gonna try the LC purple wool foam pads.
A couple of questions. During the buffing process, would you clean these with a brush or compressed air. And four a full size truck would 4 pads be enough??
Thanks again.

Use compressed air to clean the pads if you have it. I'd go 8 pads...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Sounds good.
I personally brush my Hybrid wool pads with a pad conditioning brush and clean them with the Wolfgang pad cleaner & conditioner.
Wolfgang Pad Werks Pad Cleaner & Extender Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/pad-cleaner-combo.html)

If you can swing 6 wool pads that will do it. Or perhaps you have a pad washer?

CarolinasFinestDetailing
07-02-2015, 12:44 PM
I use Meguiars MF cutting and polishing pads on my Flex with no problem. I never really need to go above speed 4.5 with them. The foamed wool pads are also perfect for the Flex.