PDA

View Full Version : How can I make my own tire / wheel well cleaner??

m4gician
09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey guys,

I don't have the money (not that it's too expensive, it's that just shipping + brokerage/customs is a lot --> $70ish for a gallon of ARO), but I need a good tire/wheel well cleaner that works like ARO.

I've been using Eagle 1 Wheel and tire cleaner and that worked well on the tires as I saw brown crap roll off.

I tried using Mean Green (a house hold degreaser that recommends it for use as engine + tire/wheel cleaner) similar to simple green, worked well, but doesn't run or dissolve like ARO or eagle 1, and I was using it full strength and about 8:1.

Maybe some sort of household cleaner or APC?

It would also help if this cleaner did engine bays as well...

eShine Canada
09-09-2007, 10:22 PM
What is ARO??

Chris Pace
eShine Car Care

Rsurfer
09-09-2007, 10:24 PM
What is ARO??

Chris Pace
eShine Car Care
Amazing Roll Off

eShine Canada
09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Amazing Roll Off

DOH! I should have known that!

Chris Pace
eShine Car Care

CalgaryDetail
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
you say the big thing is shipping, as a fellow canadian i know what you mean. have you looked at a canadian estore like eshine? Plus at eshine shipping is free on orders over 150.(its not hard to get a basket to 150).... just some food for thought

PhaRO
09-10-2007, 12:29 AM
You may be able to find some info on some of the Green environmental type sites. I've seen washing soda and water listed for use as a cleaner. One site had vodka, vinegar, olive oil for leather cleaning. Hopefully someone doesn't get pulled over shortly after detailing their interior.

Thejoyofdriving
09-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I could see IP alcohol working, im gonna try that.