PDA

View Full Version : Green pad confusion

dontsleeponit
09-09-2007, 09:45 PM
So I searched around the forum about this first because I thought it would be covered, but if it was then I couldnt find it.

In the AG store, it lists the LC CCS 6.5" green pad as between the gray and white pads as far as aggressiveness. On another detailing supply website, I saw it listed between white and orange. So I went to the LC website and saw this, which does say it is between white and orange.

Lake Country Manufacturing Inc.-Products - Pad Application Guide (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/padappguide.html)

So which is correct? Is the pad AG sells different from the others? Newer version/color coding of pads or something?

sorry if this has been covered and I totally missed it

Rsurfer
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
So I searched around the forum about this first because I thought it would be covered, but if it was then I couldnt find it.

In the AG store, it lists the LC CCS 6.5" green pad as between the gray and white pads as far as aggressiveness. On another detailing supply website, I saw it listed between white and orange. So I went to the LC website and saw this, which does say it is between white and orange.

Lake Country Manufacturing Inc.-Products - Pad Application Guide (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/padappguide.html)

So which is correct? Is the pad AG sells different from the others? Newer version/color coding of pads or something?

sorry if this has been covered and I totally missed it

The LC web is correct.

The Pad Man
09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Just to do some clarification, the green CCs pad from Autogeek is between white and black. It is softer then our standard green which is used for heavier polishing. I hope this helps.

dontsleeponit
09-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Just to do some clarification, the green CCs pad from Autogeek is between white and black. It is softer then our standard green which is used for heavier polishing. I hope this helps.

It helps, but also creates some confusion... why is it done this way? So this is an "AGO Only" green pad?

LazerRed1
09-10-2007, 09:09 AM

This is confusing! How can we tell the difference between the green pads? Can't remember where I got all my ccs pads. Guess I should have labeled where they came from.;)

The Pad Man
09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
The grren ones for Autogeek are a smaller celled, softer foam. The other green pads are a bigger celled, more aggressive pad. The softer green pad I am doing for just Autogeek.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me at the factory.

Eric

LazerRed1
09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
The green ones I have seem to have more of what I would call air space between the foam and feel stiffer than my orange. Would this be the more aggressive green and is it more aggressive than the orange?

Bunky
09-10-2007, 10:32 AM
The standard LC green pad (heavy polishing) is between orange and white. The foam used is not like the orange/white foam since it is a different foam technology. The AG Green is a AG unique per a LC rep. From what I have read, AG wanted a pad that had some polishing ability yet finished better than a white pad. Too bad they chose green for a color since it confuses everyone.

I used the LC green yesterday along with a LC white and did not seem much apparent difference in results although the LC green does feel rougher than even the orange and compresses more than the orange/white foam types. The LC green foam cleans easier than the standard LC CCS foam.

Jimmie
09-10-2007, 11:14 AM
What prevents some industry standards in the pad color coding?
It seems that it would be a "win-win" for all companies.
One company being white-blue and the next being blue-white is silly.

blk45
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Too bad they chose green for a color since it confuses everyone.

Exactly. Very bad idea. They should have made it a different color. Like people don't get confused enough already with all of the pad colors!

dontsleeponit
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
I kind of liked the idea of a pad between white and orange, too bad AGO chose not to carry this one and have LC create their own, and make it the same color for that matter...:rolleyes: