PDA

View Full Version : Sonax & Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner safe on wheels?

CC268
06-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Are these products safe for pretty much any wheel? I am doing a detail on my buddies car and he has some fancy Pokal 3 Piece wheels and want to make sure these products are 100% safe.

Thanks

CC268
06-30-2015, 12:00 AM
Anyone?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-30-2015, 05:45 AM
Tuff Shine's for tires not wheels, I use it often. Never heard of it being used for wheels. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but that's definitely not it's intended use.

Nick McKees37
06-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Are these products safe for pretty much any wheel? I am doing a detail on my buddies car and he has some fancy Pokal 3 Piece wheels and want to make sure these products are 100% safe.

Thanks

It looks like they have a polished lip. I would wet the wheel, spray a light mist of Tuf Shine directly onto the tire and immediately start scrubbing. Rinse thoroughly, and do not allow cleaner to dwell on polished lip for too long. If you do (or worse, if it dries), you'll have to polish the lip because it might stain.

SONAX on the other hand will be perfectly fine on the wheels. Make sure they're cool to the touch, and follow the instructions.

conman1395
06-30-2015, 09:29 AM
Tuff Shine's for tires not wheels, I use it often. Never heard of it being used for wheels. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but that's definitely not it's intended use.
I think he's asking to make sure the runoff is safe.

CC268
06-30-2015, 10:32 AM
I think he's asking to make sure the runoff is safe.

Yes that is what I meant.

CC268
06-30-2015, 10:34 AM
It looks like they have a polished lip. I would wet the wheel, spray a light mist of Tuf Shine directly onto the tire and immediately start scrubbing. Rinse thoroughly, and do not allow cleaner to dwell on polished lip for too long. If you do (or worse, if it dries), you'll have to polish the lip because it might stain.

SONAX on the other hand will be perfectly fine on the wheels. Make sure they're cool to the touch, and follow the instructions.

Great thanks!