PDA

View Full Version : Eyeliner pencil?

irvsmith
06-29-2015, 10:55 AM
I think a bit of the 'lead' from my wife's eyeliner pencil broke off and is rubbed into the carpet. I have some ammo shag cleaner but wondering what some other solutions/approaches might be.

Thanks in advance,

David

Dr_Pain
06-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Eyeliners are essentially grease pens. I would first try your wife's makeup remover (which is gentle enough for her skin) blotting gently, and if that does not work I would use Folex, and finally I would go to a diluted APC (which you would need to neutralize after.

irvsmith
06-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Eyeliners are essentially grease pens. I would first try your wife's makeup remover (which is gentle enough for her skin) blotting gently, and if that does not work I would use Folex, and finally I would go to a diluted APC (which you would need to neutralize after.

Thanks - will do.

irvsmith
06-29-2015, 12:01 PM
I am not that familiar with the chemicals in APC to know how to 'neutralize' it. Is that water or baking soda, other?

Romach
06-29-2015, 12:24 PM
Stain remover with blotting paper and a steam cleaner with towelling rags to clean it off!

If it was my wife, she would be patted down and all offending items placed in the garage because is she is not wearing it, she doesn't need it! Same as a handbag if she's not paying it goes in the boot!

FUNX650
06-29-2015, 12:32 PM
If it was my wife, she would be patted down and all offending items pplaced in the garage because is she is not wearing it, she doesn't need it! Same as a handbag if she's not paying it goes in the boot!
I'll use any ol' excuse I can find to "pat down" my Wife.
Thanks for providing a couple of other ones. :dblthumb2:

Bob

irvsmith
06-29-2015, 12:50 PM
I'll give these a try and report back.

irvsmith
06-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Ok I used a couple gentle make up remover clothes and this was the result. Still need to neutralize with a diluted APC.

Thanks to all!