PDA

View Full Version : 303 which one to get

Pages : [1] 2

EuroTech
06-28-2015, 10:47 PM
I've read good things about 303 however in many post they don't specify what 303 product they are using.
There is the aerospace, and clear vinyl protectant cleaner.

Are there major differences between these two, which would you recommend?

ShaunD
06-28-2015, 11:43 PM
303 AP can be used on almost any surface. Their clear vinyl protectant cleaner is for just that; like on boats, jeeps, tents, campers, etc. It is a new product so until now most people were probably using 303 AP on clear vinyl/plastic. While it will work, now they have a product designed specifically for said material. I haven't used it yet to say the difference between the two but, when the situation arises I will probably purchase it for the specific use.

Ebg18t
06-29-2015, 05:26 AM
I've read good things about 303 however in many post they don't specify what 303 product they are using.
There is the aerospace, and clear vinyl protectant cleaner.

Are there major differences between these two, which would you recommend?

I guess the question is: are you using it on clear plastic or other misc plastic & rubber surfaces?

If just regular plastic & rubber surfaces then the 303 Aerospace is what you want.

If you are using it on clear plastic surfaces then 303 Clear Is what you want.

We use the 303 clear on our boat for our clear vinyl console surround during the winter months. The clear version dries clear and doesn't leave that milky film on clear vinyl. Just have to be careful to not use to much otherwise it streaks.

MPBGT
06-29-2015, 10:16 AM
I work for 303, I agree with you most people do say they "303" it. Much of the time in the automotive world it means our protectant.
I do see some confusion when people are looking at convertible tops. Because you would use our fabric guard on a fabric top and aerospace protected on a vinyl top.

The clear vinyl cleaner and protectant is a new product, Designed to work with strata glass and eisenglas. Strata glass is very picky about what you use on it, using the wrong cleaner or protectant can damage it very easily.

Let us know The surface you're working on, and we will recommend the right product.

Recon 4th 502nd
06-29-2015, 10:51 AM
I work for 303, I agree with you most people do say they "303" it. Much of the time in the automotive world it means our protectant.
I do see some confusion when people are looking at convertible tops. Because you would use our fabric guard on a fabric top and aerospace protected on a vinyl top.

The clear vinyl cleaner and protectant is a new product, Designed to work with strata glass and eisenglas. Strata glass is very picky about what you use on it, using the wrong cleaner or protectant can damage it very easily.

Let us know The surface you're working on, and we will recommend the right product.

How about this...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/jstunja/e7c90a01-5aac-49e1-a41d-570c3c048b88_zpsanmnmejh.png

Thanks in advance

EuroTech
06-29-2015, 01:31 PM
I guess the question is: are you using it on clear plastic or other misc plastic & rubber surfaces?

If just regular plastic & rubber surfaces then the 303 Aerospace is what you want.

If you are using it on clear plastic surfaces then 303 Clear Is what you want.

We use the 303 clear on our boat for our clear vinyl console surround during the winter months. The clear version dries clear and doesn't leave that milky film on clear vinyl. Just have to be careful to not use to much otherwise it streaks.

I am planning on using it with auto dash, doors any vinyl/plastic and on boat seats, dash. If 303 is the one holy grail that works for all ,great! if there are multiple products that work even better (noticeably not something you have to squint and scrutinize like a good carnauba waxes) for these specific applications please let me know.
so for your head lights 303 clear does the job, should I clean with a glass cleaner first?
And any thoughts on wolfgang cockpit and chemical guys silk shine vs 303? Thanks you

Ebg18t
06-29-2015, 05:30 PM
I am planning on using it with auto dash, doors any vinyl/plastic and on boat seats, dash. If 303 is the one holy grail that works for all ,great! if there are multiple products that work even better (noticeably not something you have to squint and scrutinize like a good carnauba waxes) for these specific applications please let me know.
so for your head lights 303 clear does the job, should I clean with a glass cleaner first?
And any thoughts on wolfgang cockpit and chemical guys silk shine vs 303? Thanks you

My headlights are coated with CarPro product.

The only place I use 303 is on my boat. It is a solid all around product.

My interior trim has Ultima Interior Trim Guard on it.

Glass cleaner is for glass. I don't use it on plastic.

I don't do Chemical Guys Products. I tried them along time ago and found them disappointing. To me it is just a marketing company with lackluster products.

PA DETAILER
06-29-2015, 06:29 PM
How about this...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/jstunja/e7c90a01-5aac-49e1-a41d-570c3c048b88_zpsanmnmejh.png

Thanks in advance

If you want stellar results, and months of protection.....

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant, plastic trim restorer, tire coating, long lasting tire shine (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-trim-sealant-trim-restorer.html)

MPBGT
06-29-2015, 06:55 PM
How about this...

Thanks in advance

303 Aerospace protectant will work. That being said a longer lasting alternative is Ultima Trim and Tire Guard.
303 AP will provide a nice look but being water based protectant it won't last great on hard plastic trim.

MPBGT
06-29-2015, 06:59 PM

303 Aerospace will work on all those surfaces. If your using on headlights then yes you can clean with a non ammonia glass cleaner first.

I've used Wolfgang Cockpit and it's a nice product. I'm not sure about its cross over. I've never used silk shine before so I'll leave that one for someone else.

MPBGT
06-29-2015, 07:06 PM
I should clarify, the look may run off. The uv protection will last 30 to 45 days, or until you wash thoroughly the car which ever comes first.

aim4squirrels
06-29-2015, 08:14 PM
So is the 303 fabric guard ok to use on interior carpets, or is it an external use only recommendation? Looking to acquire a very solid interior carpet protector before the kid starts riding in my car more frequently.

Pats300zx
06-29-2015, 08:25 PM
I should clarify, the look may run off. The uv protection will last 30 to 45 days, or until you wash thoroughly the car which ever comes first.

I have used Fabric Guard on the Lloyd Mats I have in my Dodge Ram. They are light grey so they get dirty fast. Fabric Guard definitely helps.

EuroTech
06-30-2015, 01:52 AM
My headlights are coated with CarPro product.

The only place I use 303 is on my boat. It is a solid all around product.

My interior trim has Ultima Interior Trim Guard on it.

Glass cleaner is for glass. I don't use it on plastic.

I don't do Chemical Guys Products. I tried them along time ago and found them disappointing. To me it is just a marketing company with lackluster products.

So you use Ultima interior trim guard on just your trim ( like plastic, aluminum, wood etc. or does that include dash, doors as well? What would your rate the shine & how long does it protect or have the appearance of being applied?
Have you ever used Wolfgang cockpit?

Thanks I will keep it for glass, want to polish lights and protect them any recommendations?

Good to know, they are great at marketing sad but good to hear so I'm not overpaying for a mediocre product.

If you want stellar results, and months of protection.....

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant, plastic trim restorer, tire coating, long lasting tire shine (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-trim-sealant-trim-restorer.html)

Wolfgang exterior trim, what do you use for the interior?
Any thoughts on Pinnacle black onyx compared to backfire for these applications?

Ebg18t
06-30-2015, 05:17 AM
So you use Ultima interior trim guard on just your trim ( like plastic, aluminum, wood etc. or does that include dash, doors as well? What would your rate the shine & how long does it protect or have the appearance of being applied?
Have you ever used Wolfgang cockpit?

Thanks I will keep it for glass, want to polish lights and protect them any recommendations?

The Ultima Interior a Trim Guard & Wolfgang Cockpit are interior sealants. Can be used on everything inside the car (seats, dash, trims, door panels, etc). Both are low sheen and natural looking. Both are top quality. Ultima was out first & Wolfgang followed shortly after. I would use either for interior protection. I reapply the Ultima every 4-6 months, my leather stays soft and clean. The dash looks natural with no real shine.

Are you restoring headlights or just trying to protect them? There are specific products for headlights like Opti-Lens for long term protection. I just coated mine when I coated my truck. CarPro makes DLux, which is a coating for plastics.