PDA

View Full Version : removal of gum on leather seat

carguy
09-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi, got a call from a customer today gum was found on one of his seats. What product can i use to remove this safley?:)

Al-53
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi, got a call from a customer today gum was found on one of his seats. What product can i use to remove this safley?:)

Freeze it with a Ice Cube and get as much as you can off and then try a leather conditioner to get the rest up..the oils in the conditioner will usually take off the little that remains.....

but getting it cold with ice will usually help snap it off the leather....get it real cold and get a fingernail under it and pick it off.....if its a dark color leather sometimes a credit card will get it off when frozen...use lightly as a scraper

Al

supercharged
09-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Freeze it with a Ice Cube and get as much as you can off and then try a leather conditioner to get the rest up..the oils in the conditioner will usually take off the little that remains.....

but getting it cold with ice will usually help snap it off the leather....get it real cold and get a fingernail under it and pick it off.....if its a dark color leather sometimes a credit card will get it off when frozen...use lightly as a scraper

Al
I agree with Al. Ice cube should work just fine.