PDA

View Full Version : Black polished to perfection, sealed/waxed How to keep it that way?

DENALI
06-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Once I have my black z polished out to perfection, sealed and waxed, what is the best way to keep it clean without introducing micro marring etc back to it. Keep in mind it will be a once or twice a month outing type of weekend cruiser. It will be garage kept under a cover BUT I live on a sand street and I have to travel about 3 blocks before getting to a paved highway so there will inevitably be a dust issue.

Nomadsto
06-28-2015, 07:37 PM
1st I'd skip the cover if it's garaged. Very good chance you'll scratch it just putting the thing on and taking it off. Secondly I believe you can't avoid some light scratches especially on a black car, one of which I have. So just be ready to give it a light polish once a year, no biggie

DENALI
06-28-2015, 08:24 PM
1st I'd skip the cover if it's garaged. Very good chance you'll scratch it just putting the thing on and taking it off. Secondly I believe you can't avoid some light scratches especially on a black car, one of which I have. So just be ready to give it a light polish once a year, no biggie

If I don't keep it covered it will gather quite a layer of dust in a weeks time because of the traffic driving by on the sand streets kicking it up.

custmsprty
06-28-2015, 10:26 PM
Maybe do a coating instead of a sealant?

That's gotta be the way to go.

I average 221 miles a month on my Genesis Coupe. I take it out for a 30-40 mile drive and the whole back end is covered with road dust, I can't imagine driving it on a sand road ever.

I haven't used coatings myself so can't speak to them, but in your case it's possibly the best way to go. I love nubas but they are dust magnets.