PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best microfiber out there?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DENALI
06-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Looking to get some really good microfiber towels to use exclusively on my black Z. Thanks

Billy Baldone
06-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Cobra gold plush. Best all around towel ever.

builthatch
06-28-2015, 10:54 AM
Looking to get some really good microfiber towels to use exclusively on my black Z. Thanks

from what i understand, CarPro USA is the exclusive NA distributor for CarPro stuff from Asia, and their stuff is on here.

CarPro USA is the exclusive NA distributor for Microfiber Madness from Germany, and their stuff, unfortunately, is NOT on here.

i bought a lot of the Microfiber Madness stuff because i was told by a lot of people it was the best, and it definitely is pretty awesome. are there other 100% Korean products out there that are close in quality, but haven't been through German hands and are a lot cheaper? most likely, but i can't say for sure because i went almost all in with Microfiber Madness.

Vegas Transplant
06-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Learn About Microfiber. Microfiber towels & tools are the future of car care detailing! (http://www.autogeek.net/leabmi.html)

Beneficial research when I first purchased towels from member suggestions.

FUNX650
06-28-2015, 11:14 AM
I might be considered to be: "out on the edge"
(of the ledge) sometimes; but nowadays:
It's the "edgeless" microfiber towels that I consider
to be the best detailing towels for my vehicles.

Bob

silverfox
06-28-2015, 12:19 PM
You'll be fine with any 100% Korean product. The Chinese stuff is ok for wheels and interiors.. and the German MM is perhaps the best, but I've had some 100% Korean stuff that's equal at a much lower cost.

fotomatt1
06-28-2015, 12:20 PM
I've been loving my purchases from The Rag Company. Fast shipping and great quality!

Swift
06-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Learn About Microfiber. Microfiber towels & tools are the future of car care detailing! (http://www.autogeek.net/leabmi.html)

Beneficial research when I first purchased towels from member suggestions.

LINK REMOVED (Please review Terms/Conditions)

fly07sti
06-28-2015, 01:20 PM
I'm in the same boat as Bob. I almost exclusively use edgeless towels nowadays on paint. Get mine from TRC and MFT. Buy in bulk and the price will drop a lot.

Vue to a kill
06-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Microfiber Madness is the best I've ever encountered. I highly recommend it.

cduprey
06-28-2015, 02:00 PM
TRC is a good place to start. Also like the carpro boa towels

d33p
06-28-2015, 03:07 PM
These "best" threads are annoying.

There is no best, there is only whats best to you. Buy a sample of every towel you like and figure out what you want. Then stock up.

cardaddy
06-28-2015, 03:57 PM
"What's the best microfiber out there?"

That's like saying..... What is the best US car manufacturer? Or what/who is the most beautiful woman? Different strokes for different folks comes into mind! (At least IMHO.) ;)

When you say your "Z" I take it you mean a 350 or 370 "Z"?
I can tell you that the paint on these Nissan/INFINITI's is far from hard. I know my red one will scratch/swirl if you even LOOK at it funny! :rolleyes:

Can't link to outside sources here, so you'll have to look up/check out their websites. Microfiber Madness has been mentioned, and they easily have expensive, and GOOD microfiber. The Rag Company was also mentioned, and they have a nice selection of both Chinese as well as Korean sourced (and manufactured) towels. Microfiber Tech is also an excellent source of Chinese and Korean towels. I can attest to their customer service, and quality of their product(s). Personally I'll take the MFT "Extra Fluffy Korean" edgeless hands down over the "Eagle Edgeless" from TRC. Side by side the MFT is a thicker, softer, heavier towel. (Price for 6 @ retail is only 12¢ difference, TRC being the most expensive.) I'm lucky that I was/am able to order wholesale and don't have but something like $2.25 each in mine. :D

TRC does have a bigger selection of Korean units, as well as various "edgeless" units... so if you're looking to try a lot of different ones that's something to consider.

I can say that even though this Nissan paint tends to be soft, that even with the 360GSM Chinese towels from MFT I've never had a problem. I've used them, the 530's, the extra-fine thread 400's as well as the extra-fine 500's (and of course the Korean 500's) all without ANY problems what-so-ever.

Can't go wrong with the MFT 360's for what they cost. And to think that if you buy those in bulk you're paying a fraction of what Cobra Jr. cost. Taking a quick look at a 12 pack and the Cobra's are ONLY $21.23 more for (just) 12 towels. :eek: (That's almost twice what the MFT's run.) ;) I know I have a few of them, and it's impossible to pick them out in a stack. (The CG towels you can find in a stack however.)

I have both edgeless and 'edged' towels, and honestly..... I like handling the ones with the silk edge better. The added cost of an "edgeless" towel can add up fairly quickly, adding over 50¢ to the cost of a towel. What I *DO NOT* like are the hemmed edge towels, again... it's about cost vs. performance. (At MFT the hemmed are the same price as the edgeless for instance. Both are considerably higher than the silk edge units.) FWIW, the hemmed edge units sold here are identical to the MFT towels, (again at a much higher price point).

What I'd do is call both MFT and TRC, put in a small order of something you're interested in. Then ask them for a sample pack. Always a good idea to get a few extras. ;)

VISITOR
06-28-2015, 05:58 PM
these can be used for just about everything and can do it all...
Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels 12 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel-12.html)
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/gold-plush-jr-microfiber-towels-12-pack-1.gif

DogRescuer
06-28-2015, 07:21 PM
Just my 2 cents, I dont like a drying towel thats so big that I can use it as a tarp.