PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of a test spot?

hollerstiltner
06-28-2015, 08:24 AM
I was thinking this morning while washing the car, has anyone on here ever documented their test spots? I read use the least aggressive method first, but haven't seen it shown, only explained.

I have nothing to polish for a while, so I can't do like I'd want. However someone else may be able to.

So, anyone want to show all their test spots leading up to their final process? I think it could be useful to new polishers seeing the various stages of correction and the differences.

DaveT435
06-28-2015, 08:29 AM
I was thinking this morning while washing the car, has anyone on here ever documented their test spots? I read use the least aggressive method first, but haven't seen it shown, only explained.

I have nothing to polish for a while, so I can't do like I'd want. However someone else may be able to.

So, anyone want to show all their test spots leading up to their final process? I think it could be useful to new polishers seeing the various stages of correction and the differences.

I have a Civic coming up Tuesday I would be more than happy to document. Honda soft paint, might not get to much

medicscott
06-28-2015, 01:00 PM
2008 (I think) Jeep Wrangler. Worst paint ever.

hollerstiltner
06-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Dave, keep us posted on the civic. I look forward to seeing the outcome.

Medicscott, what polish and pads did you use for that jeep? That's some good looking work.

medicscott
06-28-2015, 02:43 PM

Medicscott, what polish and pads did you use for that jeep? That's some good looking work.

I used Pinnacle Advanced Compound I believe on that particular Jeep with a Flex 3401, Orange 6.5" LC CCS pads.

I recently switched to 5" LC Hybrid pads and FG400 on low speeds. Fantastic combo was well.

medicscott
06-28-2015, 02:45 PM
And not to confuse the heck out of things I also used HD Cut and it's awesome as well. So many great choices out there.

DaveT435
06-28-2015, 06:11 PM

I'll do it.

medicscott
06-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Here's a good shot of the completed Jeep

DaveT435
06-28-2015, 09:02 PM
The Jeep looks great.