PDA

View Full Version : AGO! Feedback on my logo?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-28-2015, 01:07 AM
I have semi-decided on my name, I looked it up and there's no business with it registered in my state. I'm teetering back and forth on logos though. I came up with this and would love any feedback.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69136394/Polished2Perfection/businesscard.jpg

The # isn't finalized yet, and the web site isn't ready. My idea's to have this on a semi transparent frosted plastic card with rounded corners. Also going to have the logo on my polos, shirts, hats and aprons. I'm still on the fence about using it though. At one point I really liked it, but now I'm not so sure. Outside of mentioning detailing on it, it doesn't really say "detailing" business just by looking at it. But I didn't want to use the car outline that a lot of people do. Nothing wrong with that I just see it all the time lol.

Ideas or suggestions are welcomed!

medicscott
06-28-2015, 05:09 AM
My first reaction when seeing it was it was an alarm company. But clearly the words fix that.

Bunky
06-28-2015, 05:31 AM
I would say you have too many words on the logo. Do you really need the word "salon"? Salon usually implies a fixed location but you say mobile.

Mask
06-28-2015, 05:45 AM
The logo looks cool and the font is nice ^^
I prefer less wordings and simple :D

Ccrew
06-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Leave Mobile and Salon out of the logo itself. Mobile is explained in the text below and you're mobile so not a salon.

This way if you grow to a fixed location the logo can remain the same and just the text changes outside of it.

Thank you for not using that car silhouette logo that half the world uses.

DaveT435
06-28-2015, 08:18 AM
The term salon actually fits by definition, but like others the first thing to come to mind is a fixed location.

TFTADetail
06-28-2015, 08:40 AM
I had to edit my post. I would like to say that I agree with the OP when he stated "At one point I really liked it, but now I'm not so sure."

My honest opinion ...... not diggin' the red badge.
How about something like ...... the word "Polished" in a cursive style. Then the number 2 and the word "Perfection" in a sharp elegant style font?

Maybe go with Auto Detail rather than automobile detailing.

At the bottom and below the badge ..... you might just go with "Mobile Detail" "Servicing I.E & O.C"

Vegas Transplant
06-28-2015, 11:38 AM
When I read ""mobile" and "automobile" I get mobull and automobull.
Maybe it's just me.

jarred767
06-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Cool logo, I like the fact that you didn't use the standard car too, I went the same direction when re-creating my logo a few months ago.

I'd agree with others that you could edit out some words in the logo itself to make it a little less wordy, but still convey the same message.

Nice work :xyxthumbs:

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-28-2015, 03:40 PM
THANKS for the feedback everyone, I touched it up

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69136394/Polished2Perfection/businesscard-02.jpg

I think the shield does look a lot different without all the text. Another opinion needed, since I'll be putting the logo on polos and hats and it will be just the logo part. What do you think would look better, the old logo with the writing? Or the new one with Mobile Detailer underneath?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69136394/Polished2Perfection/businesscard-03.jpg

text edited out somewhat

Ccrew
06-28-2015, 03:43 PM
I would put Automobile above, and detailing below the center ribbon personally. Now there's just too much blank space.

Kengo123
06-28-2015, 03:44 PM
The font now is too small for the shield shape. Maybe make the "banner" bigger

Ccrew
06-28-2015, 03:52 PM
For giggles instead of "Auto" and "Detailer" Try "Vehicle" "Detailing"

Auto denotes "not truck" for some folks.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-28-2015, 07:33 PM
I made a 3rd one, found a better font for the name imho and made the banner bigger. I think vehicle looks better than auto or automobile, or at least it stands out more.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69136394/Polished2Perfection/businesscard-03.jpg

I still don't think it's quite there but it feels close. I like the name font, but with the small gaps in the letters it might be too thick for embroidery. 1 more round of suggestions and I should be able to have it finished. THANKS again for the help here guys.

Mask
06-28-2015, 10:15 PM
The "Polish 2 Perfection" font on the 1st logo stands out more to me :)