PDA

View Full Version : Livestock trailer washing

Detailing Matt
06-27-2015, 03:52 PM
I am wanting to start washing some livestock trailers there are none in my area and I am looking to gain some business from a ver busy cattle auction in my area. Anyone have information on this that might be able to help with equipment, cost,or weather or not it's worth my time. Thanks

Ccrew
06-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Pressure washer and a great love of splattered dung? I mean seriously, I guess someone has to do it but it is going to be a thankless stinky job.

aim4squirrels
06-27-2015, 09:08 PM
That might be the only thing I would ever tunnel wash.

oldmodman
06-29-2015, 04:58 AM
Gas powered, high pressure washer with a variety of interchangeable tips.

Try washing while standing outside spraying through the slats or mesh.

Try not to stand inside at all. Wear a mask and gloves along with waders.

There can be diseases in all the animal droppings. And even worse if there was layer upon layer of build up there can be a lot of fungal growth. And some funguses can be fatal.

hollerstiltner
06-29-2015, 05:37 AM
Gas powered, high pressure washer with a variety of interchangeable tips.

Try washing while standing outside spraying through the slats or mesh.

Try not to stand inside at all. Wear a mask and gloves along with waders.

There can be diseases in all the animal droppings. And even worse if there was layer upon layer of build up there can be a lot of fungal growth. And some funguses can be fatal.

All good advice. Also get one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Truper-33111-Cleaner-D-Handle-27-Inch/dp/B006GZ24E8

One question though. How are you going to dispose of all the "stuff" you remove?

Detailing Matt
06-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I know it will be a nasty dirty job but just thought I could add to the business with it

custmsprty
06-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Pressure washer and a great love of splattered dung? I mean seriously, I guess someone has to do it but it is going to be a thankless stinky job.

Yeah wasn't that on an episode of Dirty Jobs LOL!!!