PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Compound

FishyX
06-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Can I seal right after using Ultimate Compound or do I need to use Ultimate Polish before sealing?

SYMAWD
06-26-2015, 10:19 PM
You can seal right after Ultimate Compound as I did here. However, if you are working with softer paint, it may leave a haze behind or not finish down as nicely.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/SYMAWD/IMAG1468_zpsgmo300za.jpg (http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/SYMAWD/media/IMAG1468_zpsgmo300za.jpg.html)

ch35iM
06-26-2015, 10:33 PM
I recommend following UC with UP thats what I just did on my alpine white bmw. The UP brings up the gloss and clarity more that the UC alone can do

VISITOR
06-27-2015, 12:28 AM
do a test spot and if there isn't any slight hazing/marring left behind, go to your lsp...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-27-2015, 03:31 AM
Can I seal right after using Ultimate Compound or do I need to use Ultimate Polish before sealing?

A test spot with UP on a finer pad will determine what to do. Also what is acceptable to you will determine where to go.

If you are working on a DD with light color paint and a light cutting pad, you may be able to go right to a Sealant.

However if you are working on a dark colored garage queen UP on a finer pad will be a must.

FishyX
06-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the responses. I did end up using Ultimate polish before sealing but not sure if it made a big difference. Vehicle is a blue/green 2011 Ford Edge. Is Ford clear coat considered to be hard????

Ccrew
06-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the responses. I did end up using Ultimate polish before sealing but not sure if it made a big difference. Vehicle is a blue/green 2011 Ford Edge. Is Ford clear coat considered to be hard????

Most Ford paints tend toward hard. Like a lot of other manufacturers some colors/years are different than others though.

You were probably wise in using UP after UC, my experience is that UC finishes alright but it's easy to get tricked into thinking it's LSP ready. Usually an IPA wipe will show you that's many times not the case. Besides, consider it bonding time with your car :)