PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Buying A Gal. Of Pinnicle Shampoo??am I Crazy

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
09-09-2007, 02:15 PM
so im thinking of buying a gallon of pinnicles shampoo. am i nutts? for spending 70 bucks. im just so happy with all of the other pinnicle products i dont think i can go wrong with this. had anyone bought a gallon of this soap ?

A1monky
09-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Pinn. soap is very good, but 70 bucks worth?? Have you tryed other (cheaper) soaps? If you only like the pinn. soap than get it. U cant go wrong with Pinnacle.

trhland
09-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Pinn. soap is very good, but 70 bucks worth?? Have you tryed other (cheaper) soaps? If you only like the pinn. soap than get it. U cant go wrong with Pinnacle.
i have im like a soap nutt:pso far megs goldclass is my favorite. and optimum too. i just have be so impressed with pinnicle i wonder how there soap is . maybe ill try the 64 ounce hmmm. i just love the gallon sizes though but ya 70 dollors is alot. i wonder why so much

Thejoyofdriving
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Unless if you are making some major cash and you cant think of stuff to spend it on I would stick with OPT soap, or the Dura gloss one, never tried it but a lot of people like it. I dont see how you could even make such an expensive soap, it probably only costs them a few bucks to make it any way, I think that stuff is a rip off.

MBluvr
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
off the topic a little, however I was wondering if anyone has tried hair shampoo to wash their auto? Hair shampoo is pH balanced , mild and generally yields lots of suds.
moreover it rinses clean. Any thoughts?

trhland
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Unless if you are making some major cash and you cant think of stuff to spend it on I would stick with OPT soap, or the Dura gloss one, never tried it but a lot of people like it. I dont see how you could even make such an expensive soap, it probably only costs them a few bucks to make it any way, I think that stuff is a rip off.
:D:D how dare them rip try to me off. crap well i quess i wont buy it . and no im not making a ton of money:confused::p

DantheMan
09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd personally buy the 16oz version first if I hadn't tried it yet. Then buy the gallon if I was impressed enough with it..

trhland
09-09-2007, 03:44 PM
off the topic a little, however I was wondering if anyone has tried hair shampoo to wash their auto? Hair shampoo is pH balanced , mild and generally yields lots of suds.
moreover it rinses clean. Any thoughts?
or even a body wash soap not a bad idea its probably just as good .i know my private parts have a nice shine why not my truck:D

trhland
09-09-2007, 03:45 PM
so far it seems like no one has ever bought a gallon of pinnicles soap . a/g must have a ton in stock

wytstang
09-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I have the 16oz and it is a pleasure using it. Probably the slickest I've used (NXT, GC, Megs Deep crystal soap, Top of the line Bubble Bathe) my mitts just glides across the paint. It cleans well and smells awesome but taste like crap :D j/k. It starts with lots of foam but dies off fairly quick, but slickness is way above average. The price comes from real coconut oil used in it (says in it's description). Pricey and other soaps work just as well, I use it maybe once a month to give the car a treat lol.

Thejoyofdriving
09-09-2007, 04:19 PM
so far it seems like no one has ever bought a gallon of pinnicles soap . a/g must have a ton in stock

I wouldnt be surprised. I dont want to discourage you from trying it though, get the 16 ounce. I bought the 16 ounce once but when i went to use it one day it disappeared!:mad: Thats why it costs so much because they need to pay for the transporter that they use to beam it back to them after they send it to you:p

Thejoyofdriving
09-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh, and I would not use hair or body soap on the car as it could harm rubber trim, also it might not provide the lubricity needed for a safe wash. Stick to car soaps, they are meant for cars.

trhland
09-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I wouldnt be surprised. I dont want to discourage you from trying it though, get the 16 ounce. I bought the 16 ounce once but when i went to use it one day it disappeared!:mad: Thats why it costs so much because they need to pay for the transporter that they use to beam it back to them after they send it to you:p
ya i dont know maybe ill look into something else. id love to ask max why so dam much for that??does it really cost that much? to make?doubtfull.

Thejoyofdriving
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
The price comes from real coconut oil used in it

Coconut oil ranges in price from 20$ a gallon to 80$ a gallon for the highest grades used for human consumption. You can buy 100% coconut oil for just over 20$ a gallon, which is probably the stuff that they use. I doubt they use the finest grade oil and there is probably less than 10%-5% oil if even that inside the bottle. So we are talking about a few bucks at most.

wytstang
09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I have no clue what coconut oils cost but that's the only thing I see to add to price of the soap. I still really like using Megs GC and will probably go back to that as soon as my TOL bubble bathe runs out.