PDA

View Full Version : Paul Dalton Doesnt Use A P/c

Pages : [1] 2

trhland
09-09-2007, 01:25 PM
he uses a rotory mostly . doesnt thoses leave buffer swirls? i heard that you cant get a perfect flaweless finish with a high speed buffer. is this true?

Truls
09-09-2007, 01:36 PM
No problem finishing off a car with a rotary, you dont need the DA to finish up the work.

Rotary and feks 106ff or APO60 looks great when done with the rotary, and then you can just apply the LSP by hand and your done.

Some even manage to get a almost 100% finish with wool pads and rotary, but i guess they have done that some times before that is posible

trhland
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
No problem finishing off a car with a rotary, you dont need the DA to finish up the work.

Rotary and feks 106ff or APO60 looks great when done with the rotary, and then you can just apply the LSP by hand and your done.

Some even manage to get a almost 100% finish with wool pads and rotary, but i guess they have done that some times before that is posibleo ok i quess it all depends on exsperience

Truls
09-09-2007, 02:42 PM
And pads/products used....;)

As with everything else, practice, practice, practice...on someone elses car(s) he he

pirex
09-09-2007, 03:15 PM
No problem to finish a car with a rotary! I don`t use my PC anymore.

wolfpacker92
09-09-2007, 03:34 PM
No problem to finish a car with a rotary! I don`t use my PC anymore.

Pirex do you apply LSP with rotary and if you do what speed do you use? I am just starting to use the rotary and wondered if you could apply LSP with it and what speed you would need.

trhland
09-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Pirex do you apply LSP with rotary and if you do what speed do you use? I am just starting to use the rotary and wondered if you could apply LSP with it and what speed you would need.
go with 3000 rpm :Dyou can wax your car whole in 3 minutes that way:D

pirex
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM

I use to apply LSP for hand, but if I use a machine, I use my PC.

supercharged
09-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Pads, products used, experience... you can do your work faster with rotary.

FMINUS
09-10-2007, 02:07 AM
My PC is collecting dust...........

klumzypinoy
09-10-2007, 04:42 AM
My PC is collecting dust...........

Send it here! Just kidding :)

Meghan
09-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Pads, products used, experience... you can do your work faster with rotary.

Experience is the key word. I am still very limited to what I will do with a rotary, I will experiment all kinds of things with DA but rotary still makes me a little nervous!:o

Bigfoot
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Experience is the key word. I am still very limited to what I will do with a rotary, I will experiment all kinds of things with DA but rotary still makes me a little nervous!:o

+1 on that!^^^ I want a rotary, but I'm afraid I will screw up, despite I'm comfortable with a PC. A rotary definitely will get you the job done faster, but also mistakes can come fast as well.

A suggestion very well recomended when you start with a rotary is to get a junked hood with good paint condition and play several times with it. After you feel REALLY comfortable with it, then you can pass forward onto real cars.

Just my couple cents...

Joey

trlblazer3
09-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Just used my rotary for the first time this weekend without any problems and amazing results. Ended up detailing my girlfriend's 04 Explorer. I know, I know, I should have practiced on a scrap piece, but I was cautious and kept the speed down (1300rpm) and made sure I kept the machine moving especially around corners/contours. Used Menz PO91E/orange pad and it finished down LSP ready; no buffer trails at all and a nice high gloss. Also applied LSP (Max Wax/blue pad) with the rotary and it really sped up the job compared to hand application and gave a nice even coat. Overall it was a great experience and by the end of the detail I was completely comfortable using the rotary. A little extra care is definitely warranted, but the things I learned with the DA helped me with using the rotary.

LazerRed1
09-10-2007, 08:59 AM
For you experiened with a rotary, what do you do for marrs and marks on, say the c pillar next to the back window, that a pc won't take out? Doesn't seem to be a good place to use a rotary.