PDA

View Full Version : New guy from RVA

ajack6292
06-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Hi, it's Allen here, from Richmond, VA. I have been a car guy since I was a kid, and my late big brother was about as OCD with his cars as you can imagine, one of those guys who could buy a new car and then sell it two years later for more than he paid.
My main reason for turning a little OCD myself: when I wanted to spring for a new car and I told my wife what I wanted she said fine, but it's not your new car it's your last car. So here I am. It's a 2015 Jaguar XF 5.0 Supercharged, and far and away the best car I ever owned. And for those who associate maintenance problems with the brand, I say, I might eventually agree with you, but I've had it for six months now and haven't had the first maintenance issue (unless you count bird droppings and tree junk). I'm looking forward to learning stuff.

trekkeruss
06-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Welcome to AGO. If you haven't seen it already, resident sensei Mike Phillips wrote this for owners of new cars: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-24-2015, 11:15 PM
Hi Allen, welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Congrats on the new Jag. You found the right place to help you maintain it.

OTSDetail
06-25-2015, 01:11 AM
Hi, it's Allen here, from Richmond, VA. I have been a car guy since I was a kid, and my late big brother was about as OCD with his cars as you can imagine, one of those guys who could buy a new car and then sell it two years later for more than he paid.
My main reason for turning a little OCD myself: when I wanted to spring for a new car and I told my wife what I wanted she said fine, but it's not your new car it's your last car. So here I am. It's a 2015 Jaguar XF 5.0 Supercharged, and far and away the best car I ever owned. And for those who associate maintenance problems with the brand, I say, I might eventually agree with you, but I've had it for six months now and haven't had the first maintenance issue (unless you count bird droppings and tree junk). I'm looking forward to learning stuff.

Heeeeeey a fellow Richmonder. North side Mechanicsville here

ajack6292
06-25-2015, 05:41 PM
Fan here.

MirandaAutoSpa
06-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Hi Welcome! We live in Highland Springs and service the Richmond area. Nice to see fellow Richmond detailers. Feel free to ask away!

alpha1
06-26-2015, 06:38 AM
Welcome! hope you enjoy yourself here! :)

Bunky
06-26-2015, 10:23 AM
Welcome !!

06-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Welcome to AGO Allen!

evspencer44
06-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the AGO forum --- as a recent convert I can assure you this is the place to be for all things bright and glowing! Enjoy the experience.

Ncs0816
06-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Welcome.

NOVA here