PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here know about Envi On Demand?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-24-2015, 12:48 PM
I somehow saw this service yesterday and it sort of interests me. It's basically like Lyft or Uber except for getting your car detailed. It's a new company so I can't find anything outside of their web site. Would be absolutely pointless for a detailer who has a good sized client base. I'm just starting out, and it sort of has me curious. I didn't want to fill out their form to get more information and get harassed to sign up though.

They say spray and clean, so I'm guessing it's a waterless wash. I'm wondering (guessing) they require you to use their products. Can't find anything saying this, but that seems likely to me. I find the concept here cool, a person can park their car anywhere and open an app on their cell phone and someone will randomly show up and detail their car. But it seems like a bad idea too, seems like law suits waiting to happen when a shoddy detailer does a piis poor job and swirls up somebodies paint. My assumption if everyone who signs up to detail for them will have to attend their "school" at a high price and use their overpriced chemicals. The basic wash is $30 and it looks like maybe the detailer gets $25 of that. Not really good. But for a dude starting out a great way to get experience and pick up some potential clients for when you do it on their own. The article I read yesterday said you can be an Envi Detailer or you can sign up as a contractor and still be your own company. Not sure how it all works because the info on the web is slim to none.

I'm if nothing else wondering about it. I'm 95% sure it's not worth looking into as a detailer. But I thought the same thing when I first heard about Lyft & Uber and they're both huge now. I know thry're very different, but maybe something like Envi will be the future of detailing?

trekkeruss
06-24-2015, 01:59 PM
It's a new take on a car wash; instead of people going to the tunnel wash, the wash comes to them.

I wouldn't call the service detailing, even if it had a wax option.

custmsprty
06-24-2015, 04:31 PM
It's a new take on a car wash; instead of people going to the tunnel wash, the wash comes to them.

I wouldn't call the service detailing, even if it had a wax option.

Yeah the words "detailer or detailing" is defintley over used and applied improperly most of the time.

My personal definition of detailer, a person who pays attention to the "Details". A quick wash and wax has never been, nor will ever be a "Detail" :buffing:

My greatest joy and satisfaction is after I do a customers nice car and they stand back and admire it and I explain to them, now you know and can understand the word "Detailed and what a Detailer Does"

And most of the time they get it, that's the best part.

FinishingTouchA
06-25-2015, 01:24 AM
Where is my head when business ideas like this are floating around? Honestly after being in the industry for a bit... Few and far between can see swirls even when you point them out, my business is becoming more geared towards that population. Creating a business like this is a million dollar idea.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-25-2015, 01:55 AM
Where is my head when business ideas like this are floating around? Honestly after being in the industry for a bit... Few and far between can see swirls even when you point them out, my business is becoming more geared towards that population. Creating a business like this is a million dollar idea.

One Saturday I spent about 4 hours detailing a friends car. decontaminated the wheels, claybar, some CG Blacklight glaze. She thought it looked good, but wasn't wowed by any means. (It's a 2013 dark red Kia Optima) She took it to work and nobody commented on it. About 8 months later she took it to the dealer to have the oil changed and they threw in a free wash. She said the next day at work 3 different people commented on how good it looked.

LOL I believe you're absolutely right here.

isaiasv94
08-06-2015, 11:08 PM
I'm trying to get in it actually and it exactly like uber, and you have to get certify by them an go thru their training and right now they are in few locations and mostly Los Angeles and San Francisco, and they use chemical guys products.. from what I have experience it's a easy way to get experience and it's really no detail it's just washing the car with waterless wash. And there all about saving the planet. I liked it, that's why I'm still trying to do the whole process. They also have diferent packages of cleaning the car. You also get reviews of how you cleaned the car like uber and lyft. The main thing, you HAVE to use their product.

jarred767
08-06-2015, 11:31 PM
Interesting world how these companies start up, where there's a need...

Most people like clean cars, and if you live in a city, this could be a huge opportunity. Who knows where it will go? Waterless washes are the way of the future IMO especially for city dwelling vehicles.

In a kind of related note, I got an email from Amazon this morning to start selling on their site. Thought it was a mistake and read the email to find out they are now selling services and looking for detailers in different areas. Just another way to get your word out there, could be similar to Groupon and LivingSocial though.

isaiasv94
08-07-2015, 09:28 AM
It might be like Groupon I get those emails from places selling their service for dirt cheap! And some of them just 20 - 30% of their regular price!