PDA

View Full Version : High end dealership contracts:

primetimecadllc
06-24-2015, 06:02 AM
What's up fellow detailers? Quick question. I am wanting to approach dealers such as Porsche, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in hopes to correct their show cars. Does anyone have any pointers or experience in talking with companies of such. If so how should we approach them and should I decrease my price at all?

HUMP DIESEL
06-24-2015, 06:13 AM
Just because they are high end cars, doesn't mean that they will want high end work. I would get in touch with the finance manager. That's where the added service will be tacked into the payments. I would offer an enhancement package, and offer something that they are not getting. Give the dealership your price and then give them a mark up price which shows what they can make on each service.
It will be tough. If you can get the owner and detail his or her car, that might help. And do that for free. If it doesn't work and you are in business as a true business, write it off. Write it off either way.

HUMP

Mask
06-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Just because they are high end cars, doesn't mean that they will want high end work.

Absolutely agreed ^^

primetimecadllc
06-24-2015, 06:51 AM
Thanks Hump

jarred767
06-24-2015, 08:27 AM
I'm looking at trying to do go a similar route. I'm thinking about offering my coating services to some of these higher end dealerships. I figure that they could then offer the service to the customer at a higher rate that can be rolled into financing when purchasing the car.

I know dealerships do this type of thing for paint protection film, or other add on things like rubber floor mats and stuff, so why not a coating on a brand new car? Everyone could win in a situation like this - the customer barely sees a difference (a few dollars a month over the course of the loan), the selling agent receives extra commissions from the inflated price, the dealership makes easy money on the inflated price, and I make my money and get to work on brand new cars (always better than used used trashed cars).

I'll be following along to hear if anyone else has done this type of thing and tips that they might have. Thanks for starting the thread OP.:dblthumb2: