PDA

View Full Version : Write-up request: Watermarking photos

Pages : [1] 2

Hoytman
06-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Would someone mind to do a nice wrte-up on how to watermark photos? Seems it's a valuable thing to do in order to help deter photo theft, but I've nevers seen a write-up detailing how to do it.

I've messed around with MS Word 2007, but haven't found a way to place a watermark in a photo. Perhaps I overlooked it.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Im interested in this as well. Would be greatly appreciated.

medicscott
06-23-2015, 01:48 PM
Do you have an iPhone?

Hoytman
06-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Do you have an iPhone?
Got rid of our Galaxy S5 and got rid of my Iphone 6plus and went back to older phones. Had nothing but trouble with both (malfuntions on 4 phones...just my kind of luck), so much so we got frustrated and went back to old phones. Updating Iphone when next one comes out. Why do you ask?

zmcgovern45
06-23-2015, 02:36 PM
I can put something together at some point.... you need a .png file with a transparent background, and a program that will simply export your images with the watermark on it.

I use photoshop to create my watermark file, then adobe lightroom will insert the water mark onto all of my images as I export them after processing.

-Zach

Angus
06-23-2015, 02:38 PM
If you're using a smartphone to take the photos, then there's pictures apps that will help you add a watermark to your photos. But if you're using a DSLR, you'll want to buy Photoshop Elements ($99) in order to add a watermark. If you go the later route and pick up Photoshop there are plenty of online tutorials to guide you through the process.

Personally I'd go the Photoshop route. There are lots of fun features and tools to play with beyond adding a simple watermark.

Bunky
06-23-2015, 04:54 PM
I just use Lightroom since nothing special.

Hoytman
06-23-2015, 06:35 PM
I can put something together at some point.... you need a .png file with a transparent background, and a program that will simply export your images with the watermark on it.

I use photoshop to create my watermark file, then adobe lightroom will insert the water mark onto all of my images as I export them after processing.

-Zach
All of what you said is great info, although foreign to me.

If you're using a smartphone to take the photos, then there's pictures apps that will help you add a watermark to your photos. But if you're using a DSLR, you'll want to buy Photoshop Elements ($99) in order to add a watermark. If you go the later route and pick up Photoshop there are plenty of online tutorials to guide you through the process.

Personally I'd go the Photoshop route. There are lots of fun features and tools to play with beyond adding a simple watermark.
More good info.

The tutorial should include applying watermarks to photos taken by smartphone, point-n-shoot cameras, as well as DSLR cameras.

I'm sure there are tutorials online, but there's nothing like finding all the information on one site AND tailored specifically to our hobby/trade.

I just use Lightroom since nothing special.
Thanks for the input, but I've never heard of Lightroom until you and Zach mentioned it.

Mike Phillips always does a great job on how-to type threads because his style is to take it from the top and simplify things in a basic manner assuming a person has no clue what to do and never seen it done. His articles are broken down as such also.

I could probably research all of this elsewhere, but a recent 'wing clip' has me down to typing with one finger making searches and comments way more lengthy than I'd like...about 20 minutes to type these few comments. I'll be this way for a little while. Surgery after tearing a bicep, drilled and tapped...LOL...my forearm and screwed me back together.

Thanks in advance.

medicscott
06-23-2015, 06:57 PM
I use an app on the iPhone called iwatermark. It literally takes 2 seconds to convert it with a watermark. Use an iPhone or iPad to yield it fast.

jarred767
06-24-2015, 12:06 AM
+1 for iWatermark. It's all I use for all the pictures I post on Instagram and Facebook because it's just too easy not to. If I'm actually putting new pictures on my website after they've been downloaded onto my computer, I use PicMonkey and it's just about as easy on there too.

OTSDetail
06-24-2015, 01:01 AM
photoshop for days.

speedtrack
06-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Would someone mind to do a nice wrte-up on how to watermark photos? Seems it's a valuable thing to do in order to help deter photo theft, but I've nevers seen a write-up detailing how to do it.

I've messed around with MS Word 2007, but haven't found a way to place a watermark in a photo. Perhaps I overlooked it.

Its quite hard to watermark photos using word.What i use is this tool called Mass Watermark.I add all my photos to it,type in the watermark/ add my logo.It will watermark all my pics in bulk,it has bulk resize function too.Take a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKviwY-4tBY

Calendyr
06-30-2015, 02:15 PM
I use Photoshop Element's batch processing fonction to resize all my pictures and watermark them.

In Photoshop Element 8 it's located in: File > Process Multiple Files

When in that menu, Under Labels select Watermark.

Then it's just a matter of entering the text you want to appear, choosing it's position, font, size, opacity and color.

Otherwise, you could always do it by hand. Doesn't take that long to create a watermark layer and the just copying it to every picture you want.

onsite
06-30-2015, 02:34 PM
On my phone (android) I use photogrid http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/30/66f3d3568ee3cce935d75190683d0791.jpg

onsite
06-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Its quite hard to watermark photos using word.What i use is this tool called Mass Watermark.I add all my photos to it,type in the watermark/ add my logo.It will watermark all my pics in bulk,it has bulk resize function too.Take a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKviwY-4tBY
I think im converting!