PDA

View Full Version : *Flex 3401* Finally purchased!!help w/ pads ETC.

EuroTech
06-23-2015, 12:53 AM
So after pulling may hair out pulling multiple all nighter researching dilemma and debate on whether I should go with rupes or flex. I finally made up my mind. However now that I've find my self in the same position with product
reading and reading but not posing for help. Really new to using forum so here it goes...

1) I've heard that buff and shine pads preferd over others? ( Superior to Lake Country, Rupes, Meguiares ) What attributes do you find make them better? Or Do you disagree and why?

2).Which specific pads do I need for full detail ( Its a 3 step process= full detail right ) ? Car colors I'm working are a 1 year pearl white very minor oxidation, 2 year flat white with moderate, oxidation and 4 year black with quite of bit a swirling & oxidation after that just it will just maintenance/ upkeep )(are Microfiber pads any good or just gimmicky ?)

3).Aporximatly how many pads do I need to be safe, ( thought 1 each and 2-3 for polish)don't want to get half way through polish and have pad getting caked up, have to wash it and wait to dry. However at the same time I not opening a business where I can afford 10 of everything :props:

4). What size of backing plate do you recommend, and which manufacture?. Is it a necessary to have a smaller ore one of different material ( well not essential but make things more productive easier )or just recommendation
I had a smaller backing plate, I believer it was flexible( its been over 4 years so memory is a little fuzzy ) for my portal cable and really liked it.

5).Is purchasing pad cleaner highly recommended? Also what about conditioner, and will the standard brittle brush like a toothbrush do the trick? OR do specific pad cleaner, or brush work that much better to make the investment worth it ? I just use dish soap and a rag in the past with moderate results?

6) Are there any washer type mods that you have with the rupess or PC?

WOW a lot of questions, I can't begin tell you greatly appreciated your help is !!!!. I plan do an extensive review and write in hopes to return the generosity and help I've received!! and to help others that might be in my position.

Side note not my crucial questions but if you have time your 2 cents would be great!

I have 5 year old Wolfgang sealant and the old Menzerna 2 stage polish system. Do they go bad or will it still be just as good with a shake. If not what do recommend ordering . As in what is that with there new system? (or are there ones companies you've used and prefer over either the Menzerna polish or the wolfgang sealant. The cars working are are white pearl flakes , and black.

Initially I was thinking about doing a package deal
However it doesn't appear I'm saving much if any so If you can help so I can get the right things not just what someone put together I be forever grateful!!

FLEX XC3401 Buff & Shine Polishing Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/flex-xc3401-buff-and-shine-polishing-kit.html)
Amazon.com: Menzerna FLEX XC3401 Ceramic Show Car Kit: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Menzerna-FLEX-XC3401-Ceramic-Show/dp/B002665WVI/ref=sr_1_18?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1435038060&sr=1-18&keywords=flex+xc3401)

EuroTech
06-23-2015, 02:19 AM
Multiple post. Sorry this was intended to be the correct post, JUST DISREGARD THE 6 questions
Need to figure out how to delete or
However could use help with the last question not posted on dupe.

Polish & Sealents.
I have 5 year old Wolfgang sealant and the old Menzerna just had there 2 stage polish system.
1)Do they go bad or will it be just as good with a vigerous shake?
-If not what do recommend ordering
2)Have they or Wolfgang changed there formula. Or is it the Super Intense & Super Finish ? (or was it the Intense)
3) Are there other companies you've used found prefer over either the Menzerna polish?
4) Really interested in other sealants as well , anything you found to be better than Wolfgang, in terms of durability & shine ?

The cars i'll be working are are Toyota white pearl , Mercedes flat white flakes , and a Mazda jet black.

Billy Baldone
06-23-2015, 08:27 AM
I have used about all of the flat foam pads you can with my Flex. I really like ALL LC pads i have tried. I currently like the hydrotecs for just about all my needs. Now for heavy cutting, i need to thank Richy, i use Tuf Buff lambswool. Great cut, great finish on harder clears.