PDA

View Full Version : CQUARTZ Leather Coating

Pages : [1] 2

medicscott
06-22-2015, 04:27 PM
So I need to protect these 2013 Mercedes seats this weekend for a customer and saw the ton of dots/holes in the seats. Anyone have experience doing an interior coating on these types of seats? Does the barrier of protection dry over the hole making it an eye sore? Welcome your thoughts on how this will look after its finished.

medicscott
06-23-2015, 05:45 AM
***BUMP***

Avi, Anyone?

Don't want to apply this stuff and have a mess on my hands when it dries with possible product cracking, etc in-between the holes...surely someone has used CQUARTZ Interior on a Benz, No?

Mantilgh
06-23-2015, 06:31 AM
Have not used it, but I would imagine it would be fine for a perforated coated leather. Most leather has perforation of some sort, or at least stitching.

From CarPro's product description page:

Avoid use on white finishes

Directions:

Thoroughly clean all dirt, moisture, and oils from surface with non-oily, interior safe cleaner - (Recommended Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel)

Wipe with a water damp towel to remove residue from your cleaner if needed

Pour at least 10 drops or one small strip onto the suede wrapped applicator

Work CQuartz Leather & Vinyl into the surface including all creases, and texture

Gently wipe off any excess within 2-3 minutes

May layer after 30 minutes from start of the first application

Touch dry after 10 min / Avoid water for 4 hours / Fully cured at 3 days

Edit: Or listen to someone who has used it like below.

Maybe try to be cautious not to over apply if that's all you have on hand

Mike lambert
06-23-2015, 06:32 AM
I never had good luck with it, try the Gyeon, wipes on easy, no clogged holes or residue left, nice matte finish.

HUMP DIESEL
06-23-2015, 07:00 AM
Yes, I coated a new Macan, it had basically white leather and it was perforated. It is a great product.

HUMP

Firehouse Mike
06-23-2015, 07:42 AM
Todd at Pureshine has been using it for a while now if I recall correctly.....he may have some good info and chime in on it!

Mike

Avi@CarPro
06-23-2015, 10:01 AM
***BUMP***

Avi, Anyone?

Don't want to apply this stuff and have a mess on my hands when it dries with possible product cracking, etc in-between the holes...surely someone has used CQUARTZ Interior on a Benz, No?
Hi, there will be no problem at all even with these holes, the coat is thin, flexible and even breathable over the leather surface. it dries almost instantly and doesnt get solid or crack.
after applying , and minute after , if you see high spots just wipe them off gently with MF. driver seat i would do 2 layers minimum, let it dry well before you seat on the leather after. follow the instructions we publish, either on Carpro US site or on Autogeek.

medicscott
06-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Thanks Avi, and everyone else for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Order arrives on Thursday just in time for my detail.

d33p
06-23-2015, 02:18 PM
How long does this last?

zmcgovern45
06-23-2015, 03:47 PM
Cquartz Leather coat 2014 - YouTube

application in the beginning of the video... then excellent testing towards the middle of the video.

-Zach

Rsurfer
06-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Yes, I coated a new Macan, it had basically white leather and it was perforated. It is a great product.

HUMP

Wonder why the instructions say not to use on white leather?

medicscott
06-23-2015, 04:45 PM
The folks I know who have used it love it. They rave how great it is so now I offer it as an add on as of last week.

Avi@CarPro
06-25-2015, 07:12 AM
Wonder why the instructions say not to use on white leather?
White leather is more sensitive to UV light,we think that leather manufacturers use different type of clearcoating resins on them,very thin , some use more Anti UV protection and some dont, you see everything on that white , so if the leather use poor leather coat we suggest first to check our coating on inconspicuous area to check the reaction. only then to coat the whole area. HTH

Mantilgh
06-25-2015, 05:17 PM
How long does this last?

CarPro-US site claims; Durability: 1 to 2 years

Wow!

d33p
06-25-2015, 05:48 PM
wow is right!