PDA

View Full Version : Help with carpet extractor pump...

SR99
06-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Any carpet extractor mechanics out there? I'm having a problem with the pump (250 psi, piston) on a carpet extractor.

When I switch on the pump to try and prime it, the pump sounds like it's working but no solution flows. The unit hasn't been used in a long time, so maybe there's some crud blocking the path somewhere.

Here's a schematic of what connects to what:

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b626/ay7bbx/Trk/extractor%20pump%20lines%20schematic_zpsjxzrwvyy.j pg

RED= brass fittings (possibly including some valves/filters)
YELLOW= Front panel connections

The solution tank has 10 gallon capacity, or so. It has 3 ports in the bottom of it (labeled as S1, S2, and S3 in the drawing).

S3 makes sense: it connects the solution tank to an in-line filter and then to the pump input.

But S2 and S1, I don't get. Maybe someone can explain why these connect to the solution tank?

S1 comes from the pump output, but is split off before the path to the heater, and connects to the front panel pressure gauge and to the pressure adjustment knob, and then also goes back to the solution tank.
What's the reason for this going back to the solution tank?

S2 connects to the front panel solution hose connector, along with a cluster of other brass fittings that might be valves or regulators of some type, and this is all connected to the heater output. Having the heater output (where the heater input is fed by the pressurized solution from the pump) go to the solution hose connector makes sense, but why does the pressurized, heated solution also go back to the solution tank?

tpr1634
06-21-2015, 04:33 PM
My mytee lite sat for awhile and had the issue, I had to clean the hose and flush the whole system due to all the build up. I used CLR or distiller white vinegar:

SR99
06-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Does anyone have a link to an "encyclopedia of brass fittings" of the type that would be used in an extractor? I'm trying to figure out what some of the fittings in my extractor (beyond the simple brass elbows or tees) are supposed to do. They don't seem to have any model numbers on them.