PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered Cquartz!

conman1395
06-20-2015, 04:12 PM
So I finally ordered what I'd consider my first "high-end" coating for myself. At work, we use Gloss Coat and Opti-Coat Pro/+, but I personally don't like their coatings (or the company very much).

I've been using the Duragloss Enviroshield Coating on my car, and have really enjoyed it even though I've only had it in my car for a few months. I guess my dad's 991 Carrera S will get the durability test for the DG coating.

I'm going to be coating car for college. I've been using DG 105/601 the past two years at school, but now I'm not only living off campus, but moving out of my parents house (hopefully for good). I wanted something that had a track record and seeing as Gloss Coat hasn't been around long enough for me to get enough information, Cquartz was the only one left for me to consider. I chose Classic over UK after talking with Corey (people aren't kidding about how nice and helpful he is!).

If I have the time, I am going to create a thread and update it periodically documenting my "College Prep" and the durability. There is no wash port at my apartment complex, but I'm about a 5 minute drive from a coin-operated car wash and 10 minute drive from 2 others. I've been crazy enough to wash my car at 11 pm when nobody is there using rinseless washes, so I don't see any changes in that routine. I also decided to pay for a car port at the apartment complex so I can do waterless washea there too.

TFTADetail
06-20-2015, 05:50 PM
So I finally ordered what I'd consider my first "high-end" coating for myself. At work, we use Gloss Coat and Opti-Coat Pro/+, but I personally don't like their coatings (or the company very much).

I've been using the Duragloss Enviroshield Coating on my car, and have really enjoyed it even though I've only had it in my car for a few months. I guess my dad's 991 Carrera S will get the durability test for the DG coating.

I'm going to be coating car for college. I've been using DG 105/601 the past two years at school, but now I'm not only living off campus, but moving out of my parents house (hopefully for good). I wanted something that had a track record and seeing as Gloss Coat hasn't been around long enough for me to get enough information, Cquartz was the only one left for me to consider. I chose Classic over UK after talking with Corey (people aren't kidding about how nice and helpful he is!).

If I have the time, I am going to create a thread and update it periodically documenting my "College Prep" and the durability. There is no wash port at my apartment complex, but I'm about a 5 minute drive from a coin-operated car wash and 10 minute drive from 2 others. I've been crazy enough to wash my car at 11 pm when nobody is there using rinseless washes, so I don't see any changes in that routine. I also decided to pay for a car port at the apartment complex so I can do waterless washea there too.

You're going to love it. And yes, Corey is a pretty good guy! I offer 4 versions of the CQuartz coating at present and will soon become a CQ Finest installer.

My clients ALL love it and I always get a kick when hearing the WOWs from the client upon first glance at their "new" ride.

conman1395
06-20-2015, 06:05 PM
You're going to love it. And yes, Corey is a pretty good guy! I offer 4 versions of the CQuartz coating at present and will soon become a CQ Finest installer.

My clients ALL love it and I always get a kick when hearing the WOWs from the client upon first glance at their "new" ride.
4 versions? Like UK, Classic, Dlux, and what would the 4th be?

swanicyouth
06-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Why don't you like Optimum?

TFTADetail
06-20-2015, 06:06 PM
4 versions? Like UK, Classic, Dlux, and what would the 4th be?

Reload, Hydro, Classic CQ and UK ......

conman1395
06-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Why don't you like Optimum?
I like some of there products, but for the most part I dislike the way they are on the professional side of the business. Additionally some of the things one of the reps has said make it seem like their products are perfect and any issues are purely user error. I'm not talking about the coatings either. One example being ONR. I asked the rep, what have you found best removes the staining? He asks, "I've never had any staining from ONR. Are you making sure you prerinsing excessively dirty vehicles?" I say yes, and still get staining whether I use the recommended one bucket method or two bucket method even on cars I'd safely waterless wash. Still thinks I'm doing something wrong. Don't even get me started on the Zentool...
The same rep says he can do rinseless washes using 300 gsm All Purpose microfibers like the ones from Microfibertech and has never seen scratches on soft paint. I don't know, maybe it's just Optimum here in the US. If you listen to them on the Auto Detailing Podcast, in America it's about as easy as having a decent looking website. In Canada at least you have to go through training with their rep.

Like I said, I don't have any issues with their products, I love OPC (even though I use D101 because the increased cost of OPC doesn't translate to that much better performance of D101) and use Opti-Bond (mainly only because I've been coating my tires for so long the only dressing I've used is Opti-Bond at work.

Their coatings may be good, but even their packaging for the Pro and Pro+ is pathetic. They give you a crappy towel with overlock stitches and a foam aplicator while recommending still to use suede cloths.

I'm not involved with Cquartz professionally - in fact I've never even installed Cquartz before, but if I call Carpro US I get Corey and he's extremely helpful.

I'm gonna stop this rant now....

conman1395
06-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Reload, Hydro, Classic CQ and UK ......
Oh cool, Hydro is the next Carpro product on my list to try.

fly07sti
06-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Very nice. It's very easy to install. You won't have to rush like when you use UK. Even though UK isn't "hard" to install, you just can't enjoy a slower process like regular CQ. I'm sure you'll love it. Please post pics when you're done.