PDA

View Full Version : Need a long lasting sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gearhead
06-20-2015, 09:11 AM
What's everyone's choice these days for a highly durable, 6+ months lasting sealant? I am using Dp poli coat, but need something better.

Thanks,
Matt

Mask
06-20-2015, 09:26 AM
There are many :)
and i like this:
Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-polymer-net-shield.html)

Buckskincolt
06-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Collinite 845
Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html)

01GreyStangGT
06-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Seslant 3.0 lasted 7 months only wife's Equinox.

Goin Rogue
06-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Seslant 3.0 lasted 7 months only wife's Equinox.

Another vote for WG if you want a sealant.

Zubair
06-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Another WGDGPS 3.0

Mike Honcho
06-20-2015, 11:06 AM
+1,000,000

The Guz
06-20-2015, 11:11 AM
How long have you been getting with Poli-Coat? Just curious. I have seen 7 months out of it myself.

FUNX650
06-20-2015, 11:12 AM
WDGPS is nice. Very nice.
So is Finish Kare 1000P!

And I've read somewhere that it takes something like a
100lb. pneumatic-jack... to chisel off Power Lock.

But it would be up to you, if you'd be so kind, as to:
list some of the factors that the vehicle(s), which you will be applying any recommended Sealant upon, will be exposed to.

That, in the long run (pun intended), will ultimately determine a Sealant's (or any other LSP's, for that matter) longevity for your neck-of-the-woods, IMO.

Bob

Zubair
06-20-2015, 11:28 AM
I used to punt Powerlock until it lasted all of 2 weeks for me on a car parked at the beachfront. The same car with any of the Collinites at the said beachfront lasted many months. I then moved onto WGDGPS and was stunned at howmuch better looking it was compared to Powerlock and it outlasted it too. I would love to know how FK1000P compares to WGDGPS in looks, anyone?

FUNX650
06-20-2015, 11:55 AM
I would love to know how FK1000P compares to WGDGPS in looks, anyone?
IMHO:
FK1000P looks just as good, perhaps even better...
than WDGPS!! :xyxthumbs:

Bob

Buckskincolt
06-20-2015, 01:29 PM
I used to punt Powerlock until it lasted all of 2 weeks for me on a car parked at the beachfront. The same car with any of the Collinites at the said beachfront lasted many months. I then moved onto WGDGPS and was stunned at howmuch better looking it was compared to Powerlock and it outlasted it too. I would love to know how FK1000P compares to WGDGPS in looks, anyone?
In humid climates good luck working with FK1000P .... Totally hate the stuff .., strictly my opinion but it has to be the hardest thing in the world to get off even applying very thin with a machine. Durability and look when it's done meh! :dunno: the WGDPGS is a much better product all around IMHO.
A very nice underrated sealant on dark colors is four star UPP. Nothing easier to use either.
Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection, Four Star UPP, paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/four-star-ultimate-paint-protection.html)

silverfox
06-20-2015, 06:08 PM
DG 105 hands down. When the label says up to a year...they ain't kidding, but frankly, if you're topping regularly with spray waxes or boosters...any sealant can last almost indefinitely. I've used megs D156 as a bi monthly post wash wipe down with no other LSP whatsoever and went indefinitely with nothing else on the paint. The whole sealant and coating game is just that if your dumping a spray wax or sealant on the car as your post wash maintenance regime.

JHL88
06-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Sounds like PBL sealant would last 6+ months. I got 6 months out of adams liquid paint sealant. I inly got 4 to 5 months out of dp poli coat on my wifes van.

conman1395
06-20-2015, 08:09 PM
DG 105 hands down. When the label says up to a year...they ain't kidding, but frankly, if you're topping regularly with spray waxes or boosters...any sealant can last almost indefinitely. I've used megs D156 as a bi monthly post wash wipe down with no other LSP whatsoever and went indefinitely with nothing else on the paint. The whole sealant and coating game is just that if your dumping a spray wax or sealant on the car as your post wash maintenance regime.
Had Duragloss 105/601 on my car for 8 months. Lasted the whole winter in college and driving home 39 miles on the highway to go to all of the Chiefs home games. Still was going strong (even through a total of 8 touchless car washes and numerous coin-operated washes). I have no doubt a year would've been possible. It was just time to finally polish my car.
It doesn't hurt it looks great and is extremely affordable. Use it with 601 and there is NO CURE TIME!