PDA

View Full Version : Having problems attaching foam cannon

11Silverado
06-19-2015, 05:20 PM
My foam cannon just came in, but I'm having trouble attaching it. I just purchased a greenworks pressure washer. I've attached a picture of the foam cannon and I'm not sure what the gold piece is on the back of it and I don't know how to attach it. Any help?

Mp0wer
06-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks like you got the wrong adapter, I'm pretty sure the greenworks takes the quick connect

Is this what your pressure washer takes

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/19/b270bc8ae3867d9d0d108af06b6950a1.jpg

VISITOR
06-19-2015, 06:46 PM
My foam cannon just came in, but I'm having trouble attaching it. I just purchased a greenworks pressure washer. I've attached a picture of the foam cannon and I'm not sure what the gold piece is on the back of it and I don't know how to attach it. Any help?

wrong fitting, that looks like one you would use for the karcher. you want a fitting like the one Mp0wer has pictured and the one I have pictured that is attached to the foam cannon as well. I also have a greenworks electric pressure 1700psi. I got my adapter at lowes, just bring the foam cannon with you and you can screw one on that fits. they also have some display pressure washers that have the quick disconnect on the wand that you can try it on when you find the right adapter...
http://www.chemicalguys.com/v/vspfiles/photos/EQP_300-2.jpg

11Silverado
06-19-2015, 09:13 PM
I found the correct fitting at lowes. I appreciate the help!

11Silverado
06-20-2015, 10:02 AM
I've got one more question. I found the correct fitting to attach my foam cannon. The fitting doesn't screw all the way into the foam cannon as you can see in the picture. Is this normal?

Ccrew
06-20-2015, 10:25 AM
I've got one more question. I found the correct fitting to attach my foam cannon. The fitting doesn't screw all the way into the foam cannon as you can see in the picture. Is this normal?

That's normal and looks correct. Those fittings are NPT, which is "pipe thread" which gets larger in diameter the further you screw in. It's designed so that it seals itself as it tightens. You want to get it tight, but you're not looking to do he-man on the tightening part. What you have is about what I'd expect to see.

They must have changed the Greenworks, because the one I have would have been closer to the first one, if not the Bosch fitting. Interesting.

11Silverado
06-20-2015, 10:40 AM
Thank you. This is the MTM so it didn't come from autogeek. I didn't have a choice of fittings and I believe it came with a fitting for a Karcher pressure washer so I had to make a trip to Lowes. I'm not sure if they changed the greenworks pressure washers or not.