PDA

View Full Version : NASA New Horizons

vobro
06-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Soon the probe will pass by Pluto and her moons, anyone else interested in this? I think it's a credit that our species is capable of doing this, imagine what could be done with more funding!

Legacykid
06-18-2015, 10:13 PM
I think its really amazing, space is really something that puts life into perspective for me. If there was money in it I would have gone to school for astronomy.

jwgreen6
06-18-2015, 10:22 PM
I think its really amazing, space is really something that puts life into perspective for me. If there was money in it I would have gone to school for astronomy.

I once upon a time fancied a career in astronomy, but you're nobody unless you have multiple degrees -- at least one if not more PhD's -- or discovered something. Astronomy is one of the few sciences amateurs can actually make real scientific contributions.

Thank God detailing doesn't require higher levels of education to make money, although a trip to Mike's or Renny's classes wouldn't hurt.

Legacykid
06-18-2015, 10:29 PM
I once upon a time fancied a career in astronomy, but you're nobody unless you have multiple degrees -- at least one if not more PhD's -- or discovered something. Astronomy is one of the few sciences amateurs can actually make real scientific contributions.

Thank God detailing doesn't require higher levels of education to make money, although a trip to Mike's or Renny's classes wouldn't hurt.

haha very true