PDA

View Full Version : Spray wax for exterior painted plastic??

MTHall51
09-08-2007, 05:51 PM
I made another BIG mistake. After cleaning the car I applied Liquid Glass to all my plastic painted trim including bumpers, body molding, and mirrors (the plastic part). Now I have somehow brought a Lot of blemishes to the surface. Assuming I can figure out how to hide the blems, the question is NOW what should I do next time after washing/drying the car??

Does anyone here have a particular favorite product that I can use on all my exterior painted plastic? Spray wax? Exterior version of 303 type protectant or something else.?

So far my attempts at a total detailing have taught me that I should keep asking questions first before trying to figure out what I think should work. Oh, for what it is worth -- lots of approaches and products that have done well for me in the past, are not working well with this car. No idea why, but it is more difficult than I had expected.

Thejoyofdriving
09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
What do you mean when you say "plastic painted trim"?

MTHall51
09-09-2007, 07:03 AM
What do you mean when you say "plastic painted trim"?

Couple examples"
1] About slightly more than half way down each of the door is a full lenght strip of what feels like plastic -- maybe something else, but not metal. Painted same color as the car.

2] The side mirrors feel like they are encased in plastic. Maybe not really plastic, but not metal either. The usual material that the side mirrors are in. I could include a pic if that helps. I wish I could be more clear in the description.

MTHall51
09-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Here is a picture of the mirror. This is what I mean about painted plastic. It looked flawless until I used Liquid Glass on it for a sealer. This blemishes then came to the surface..
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q33/MTHall49/Mirror.jpg