PDA

View Full Version : Want to try Rupes!

J.Kempster
06-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Hi,

I am interested in purchasing the LHR15 but want to try one first. I am curious if there are any members here who live in Louisville, KY and wouldn't mind to let me try their machine.

I have a Flex 3401 HD just purchased this year and after a few uses, my back is not a fan although I am. I have back issues from a motorcycle wreck a few years back. I don't blame it all on the Flex, a lot had to do with the positions I found myself in polishing a boat recently.

I have another boat lined up but no date set. It is in rough shape so I am thinking of purchasing a PE14 for the heavy correction and have a 15 for the finishing.

On a side note, for those who have used CarPro products (Fixed, Reflect, Pads) on your Rupes, how did you like them?

Thanks!

tpr1634
06-18-2015, 11:26 AM
I have a 3401 and love it, I tried the 15 & mini last weekend and order them on Tuesday. Light years ahead of the PC. Lucky I had access to them, you should not be disappointed

BucboyInPa
06-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Hello,
I don't have a 15 to try,but I have 2 21's and just bought the BOSS from griots. And if you want to trade for a 21 barely used I would trade for the the flex.
Matt

d33p
06-18-2015, 02:04 PM
For a boat why not get the lhr21? Or even the griots g21? I'm sure you would save a lot of time over the lhr15.

RaskyR1
06-18-2015, 04:11 PM
For working on boats I would go with a rotary, at least for the initial cutting. The PE14 is a sweet machine and I love mine, but when it comes to heavy polishing my DeWalt or Makita are better suited for the task and cheaper too.

Ccrew
06-18-2015, 09:14 PM
For working on boats I would go with a rotary, at least for the initial cutting.

I agree. In most cases the rotary will be all you need. Gelcoat is some hard stuff.

J.Kempster
06-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Thanks for everyone who responded. I have ordered the 4" plate and 5" hybrid pads. I hear this smooths the machine quite a bit. I am sure I will still pick up a Rupes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VISITOR
06-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Thanks for everyone who responded. I have ordered the 4" plate and 5" hybrid pads. I hear this smooths the machine quite a bit. I am sure I will still pick up a Rupes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at some point in time that would be a wise choice, glad to see you're getting yours... :dblthumb2: