PDA

View Full Version : Post Wash Product

mattruggiero
06-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi Guys -

I'm looking for a great post-wash product to boost shine and slickness. Currently I use Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer and every couple of weeks will use their Quick Wax. This has been working nicely... but as with everyone on this site.. I'm looking for something new and possibly better.

Note: I wash my SUV and truck once a week and they are garaged. Durability isn't a key factor for me.

Cheers!

wdmaccord
06-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Duragloss Aquawax or Blackfire Polymer Spray. You probably only want to use Aquawax once to twice per month to avoid buildup.

I use Aquawax as I am drying the car with the remaining water droplets (drying aide). I use Polymer Spray on a completely dry vehicle. You don't need to go heavy with either product. One spray per panel is all you need.

trekkeruss
06-17-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm looking for something new and possibly better.

Note: I wash my SUV and truck once a week and they are garaged. Durability isn't a key factor for me.

I've read a few of your older posts. I don't know the condition of the paint on your vehicle. Is it polished to near perfection? IMO, that's where the most gain is to be had. I used to use Ultimate Detailer and Quik Wax. While I think they are great products, I didn't think they added anything to the shine. I merely used them to keep my paint clean and to boost the protection.

If durability isn't a factor, maybe you might enjoy using Meg's #26, or one of the "boutique" show waxes. Silver is difficult to make pop though.

FUNX650
06-17-2015, 02:13 PM
•What is the vehicle's current LSP?

•With what product are you washing your vehicle?
(It could be a factor in the diminishing of
the current LSP's slickness and "shine").

Bob

LSNAutoDetailing
06-17-2015, 02:54 PM
If it's garaged, what about Megs D114 rinsless and then go over it with Pinnacle Chrystal Mist or Pinnacle Liquid Souveran?

mattruggiero
06-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Duragloss Aquawax or Blackfire Polymer Spray. You probably only want to use Aquawax once to twice per month to avoid buildup.

I use Aquawax as I am drying the car with the remaining water droplets (drying aide). I use Polymer Spray on a completely dry vehicle. You don't need to go heavy with either product. One spray per panel is all you need.

I've heard good things about the Duragloss AW product. I'll look into it.

willtothewong
06-17-2015, 03:25 PM
If it's garaged, what about Megs D114 rinsless and then go over it with Pinnacle Chrystal Mist or Pinnacle Liquid Souveran?

That's the combo I use and it's amazing!

mattruggiero
06-17-2015, 03:45 PM
I've read a few of your older posts. I don't know the condition of the paint on your vehicle. Is it polished to near perfection? IMO, that's where the most gain is to be had. I used to use Ultimate Detailer and Quik Wax. While I think they are great products, I didn't think they added anything to the shine. I merely used them to keep my paint clean and to boost the protection.

If durability isn't a factor, maybe you might enjoy using Meg's #26, or one of the "boutique" show waxes. Silver is difficult to make pop though.

Both vehicles have great paint at this point. My truck was lacking but I just did a two-stage polish and two coats of Powerlock and it looks fantastic. I wish I had some photos to share but I forgot to take them.

I actually notice a difference when I use a detalier/wax after a wash. It brings out some additional shine and slickness. Now, it's a small difference, but to me that's how to make good paint look that much better.

Do you wash and dry and not finish it with a QD?

FUNX650
06-17-2015, 06:14 PM
If it's garaged, what about Megs D114 rinsless

and then go over it

with Pinnacle Chrystal Mist or Pinnacle Liquid Souveran?
I find that by using Meguiar's D114...@ Meguiar's
recommended WW/RW ratios...
There's no reason to go over it with any QD/QW products.

Not only does D114 "leave nothing behind"...
It also "takes nothing away" from the existing LSP.

D114: Good Stuff. :dblthumb2:

Bob

Judge
06-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Ammo Hydrate was designed specifically for the task you are mentioning. Plus it's easy to use. You don't even have to buff it off, just wipe it on and disappears.

d33p
06-17-2015, 07:13 PM
I use d156 or BFMSID as a drying aid.

trekkeruss
06-17-2015, 07:22 PM
I actually notice a difference when I use a detalier/wax after a wash. It brings out some additional shine and slickness. Now, it's a small difference, but to me that's how to make good paint look that much better.

Do you wash and dry and not finish it with a QD?

With UQW, I noticed a difference in slickness, but not appearance.

My vehicle is now coated, so I no longer use anything that would interfere with the coating.