PDA

View Full Version : Best light duty carpet cleaner???

pricha00
09-08-2007, 08:19 AM
One year old Rav4 with the light gray carpeting and always had large rubber floor mats in front and small square mats in the back. My wifes daily driver and of course we deal with snow and salt here in southern Ontario. The carpet is vacuumed probably every 3 months or so when feasible and the weather is condusive. I am noticing that along the unprotected sides of the carpet surrounding the front mats there is a slightly dirty look to the color of the gray carpet when compared to the carpet that is under the mat. Any product out there that I can just spray on and scrub back to the original color? I have tried those inexpensive carpet foams and sprays and the dirt is still not completely removed. Should I try renting one of those steam cleaners?

Pat.

ScottB
09-08-2007, 08:33 AM
OTC -- Folex

AG --- Wolfgang Carpet Cleaner

P1et
09-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Folex would work well, or just use some Woolite.

pricha00
09-08-2007, 11:04 AM
I have seen Folex locally but believe or not I don't really notice Woolite in the cleaner aisle. Would I just spray the Folex full strength on the affected areas or should I make a bucket of diluted product and apply with a scrub brush?

Thanks, Pat.

alban61
09-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Woolite should be in the same aisle as your laundry detergents. Unless they don't carry it where you shop.

Pats300zx
09-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Folex gets my vote.

Its like $4.99 for 32 oz at Target and Walmart. I also like Kids and Pets. Smells great.

Al-53
09-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Folex works nice....but is really a spot remover....but for a good inexpensive shampoo that really cleans..try the Zep carpet cleaner...about 8.00 a gallon and makes about 20 gallons of washing solution....at Home depot I believe..I use this all the time...works great

Pats300zx
09-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Folex works nice....but is really a spot remover....but for a good inexpensive shampoo that really cleans..try the Zep carpet cleaner...about 8.00 a gallon and makes about 20 gallons of washing solution....at Home depot I believe..I use this all the time...works great

Thanks Al for the tip. I might pick up some next time I am at HD. :applause:

Thejoyofdriving
09-08-2007, 08:20 PM
303 aero space cleaner diluted 30:1 - 200:1

pricha00
09-08-2007, 09:10 PM
How do you guys use these cleaners such as the 303? Just spray and scrub into the carpet and vacuum up the residue? Or just spray and blot with a clean towel and allow to naturally dry? I want to keep my carpets clean.

Thanks, Pat.

Thejoyofdriving
09-09-2007, 12:39 AM
How do you guys use these cleaners such as the 303? Just spray and scrub into the carpet and vacuum up the residue? Or just spray and blot with a clean towel and allow to naturally dry? I want to keep my carpets clean.

Thanks, Pat.

Well if im doing floor mats I will just spray... let soak....brush.....rinse.....dry, but for things that I cant rinse i just spray....let soak.....brush.....and then depending on how dirty the carpet is you can either dry with a towel or take a damp towel rub the carpet with it and then dry it with a dry towel.