PDA

View Full Version : Souveran wax

Pages : [1] 2

greg
06-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Going to apply this to my new black F-150 and not sure if I should get the liquid or paste, what would you recommend? Can apply with DA or by hand would rather use DA.

Paul A.
06-15-2015, 06:40 PM
I find the liquid PS easier and i also apply via PC. I use a gold LSP pad and be careful not to oversaturate the pad. A little, as with most if not all LSP's goes quite a ways. If you question what you have left on your pad try a nearby window and you'll see it is still there and spreading.

ScottB
06-15-2015, 06:41 PM
None are hard to apply, and all are different formulas. The paste is the premium edition. None have cleaners or polishes, so prep first. Nothing looks deeper and wetter than black paint with Souveran Paste.

RegalOne
06-15-2015, 06:44 PM
I have only used the liquid applied with my GG6. It was super easy on(machine) and off(hand) and I am amazed how it looks and beads after a couple of months.

Kamakaz1961
06-15-2015, 06:46 PM
Use the Paste wax...especially for Black. You can apply the Paste wax with a DA very easy. Just flip it over on the Pad and blip the throttle and flip it back and spread. IMO Pinnacle Wax is one of the best waxes for Black.

expdetailing
06-15-2015, 07:02 PM
I thought I read Mike say that Liquid Souveran is a hybrid in that it has polymers added, whereas the paste does not. Maybe someone can confirm what I just wrote.

Mike@ShineStruck
06-15-2015, 07:15 PM
All liquids are synthetics
skme have carnauba wax in it which makes it a hybrid like liquid souvern

Jaretr1
06-16-2015, 11:03 AM
I have used the paste and there is not a more pleasant enjoyable wax to use. Using a DA will allow you to apply it thin and even. Wipe it right off, does not need to dry. Wait until the following day after it cures and be wowed!

However, do not expect it to be very durable or last a long time.

Nick McKees37
06-16-2015, 11:20 AM
I thought I read Mike say that Liquid Souveran is a hybrid in that it has polymers added, whereas the paste does not. Maybe someone can confirm what I just wrote.

That's correct - Liquid Souveran is a hybrid that contains both carnauba wax and synthetic crystalline polymers. The liquid is the obvious choice for those looking to obtain maximum durability. If you enjoy waxing your vehicle and don't mind doing so every 3-4 months, then the paste is definitely the way to go.

Souveran (liquid or paste) is a finishing wax, meaning it doesn't contain any cleaners or abrasives. For best results and to ensure maximum durability, you need to wash, clay and polish the paint to remove any above and below surface contaminants. Maintain the look and protective properties with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and Pinnacle Crystal Mist. To extend the durability of the wax even further apply Souveran Liquid Spray Wax once a month.

Enjoy! :dblthumb2:

atgonzales
06-16-2015, 12:08 PM
I agree with Nick the product is outstanding

addysdaddy
06-16-2015, 12:28 PM
How noticable is the darkening effect? I've steered clear of this wax because it's designed to be used on dark color paint - not white or other light colors.

trekkeruss
06-16-2015, 03:20 PM
How noticable is the darkening effect? I've steered clear of this wax because it's designed to be used on dark color paint - not white or other light colors.

I haven't used it, but I imagine it's more of a deepening than a darkening.

david b
06-16-2015, 03:50 PM
The Souveran paste wax is a pleasure to work with on my black vehicle. You can't go wrong with it. I've had excellent results using #845 and Meg's 26 too. Less expensive, just as easy to use as the Souveran, and similar results IMO.

01GreyStangGT
06-16-2015, 09:20 PM
I have been impressed with the Souveran liquid and it's durability. The spray wax is also top-notch.

greg
06-16-2015, 09:48 PM
To use the paste do I need to heat the jar to get the wax to come out of the jar to wipe on the pad to use a machine or is there a better way?