PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed, SMAT or DAT?

LSNAutoDetailing
06-15-2015, 11:15 AM
I've been to the 3D website and did not notice in my readings if HD Speed was SMAT or DAT?

I use HD Speed and love it because 1.) It goes on easy & comes off easy 2.) It works very quickly at removing defects 3.) It's sun friendly and 4.) It's an AOI.

If it's SMAT I'm wondering if I can extend product usage by using much less product and re-energize the pad with water?

Any thoughts?

ski2
06-15-2015, 11:29 AM
HD Speed contains HD Polish which is SMAT. I don't believe HD makes product that is DAT.

LSNAutoDetailing
06-15-2015, 11:34 AM
HD Speed contains HD Polish which is SMAT. I don't believe HD makes product that is DAT.

After watching their videos that's what I gathered... but just wanted to make sure.
Thank you!!!

So I'm guessing I can use much less product and reactivate the pad with a spritz of water.

ski2
06-15-2015, 11:37 AM
HD doesn't recommend pad conditioning with water or anything else as far as I know and no pad priming. 5-6 pea sized drops to start then 3-4 pea sized drops for each following section with some adjustment for paint, condition etc.

tdekany
06-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Don't use water, instead, wipe the pad clean or just use a new pad after a few panels or when the product saturates the pad.