PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new Cquartz

conman1395
06-15-2015, 12:29 AM
With the newer revisions of Cquartz Classic (with the Tio2) and UK (2014), are these now wipe on wipe off immediately?

I was reading on the Carpro forum last night and some people said that's what it is now, but some people said that you wait still.

So which is it?

Also, I haven't heard anything about Cquartz Classic with the added Tio2, has anyone used it? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Connor

medicscott
06-15-2015, 01:02 AM
I can only speak for CQUK, and the fact that the prep is the most important part. Once you get to application, it couldn't be more easy. Apply the product left to right then up and down. A few drops across the suede go a long way. There's no secret time limit to wait but if you are in a room temperature area, 90 seconds is a good start to allow it to set. Once it just begins to flash take your high quality microfiber and work the high spots. Lighter colored vehicles are 100X easier than darker, and dark is super simple also. I also bake each panel with a heat lamp, but if you don't have one use the sun. It 100% helps. I found that you really need to hit the car with reload after to give it that final LSP touch. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/92455-cquartz-uk-hd-cut.html

FUNX650
06-15-2015, 08:04 AM
OH NO...Not the ol' TiO2 "hook"!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image1390.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/95851)

Bob

TroyScherer
06-15-2015, 08:55 AM
I would say that you are better off following the directions from the manufacturer. For each coating the flash time is a little different and varies based no conditions as well. So asking for an all inclusive answer isn't going to happen.

zmcgovern45
06-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Per the CarPro-US Site...

CQuartz Classic Directions:
Apply in shade only and not on hot surfaces
After polishing your vehicle use CarPro Eraser to wipe down the surface to ensure no oils are left from polishing
Wrap a mf Suede (included) around the applicator block (also included)
Shake CQuartz well and apply a few drops to the applicator
Wipe across a section of paint first up and down and then left and right
Ensure complete coverage.
NOTE: UPDATED VERSION - Timing for wipeoff is much less now. (usually between 2-5 minutes)
Wait until some slight resistance to wipe and then immediately remove.

CQuartz UK Directions:
Directions:
Wrap a 4" mf Suede around the applicator block
Shake CQuartz UK
Slowly open bottle and drag one line of product across applicator
Spread across paint in a criss cross pattern approximately 2-3 sq ft depending on conditions
Using a 16" Suede mf towel followed by a CarPro BOA towel and wipe off residue BEFORE it becomes sticky
Be sure to remove all excess residue and only then do you move to next section
Switch out applicators often
Apply Reload 1 hour later or anytime after

I find that in warmer temps, UK is wipe on, wipe off. By the time you get done applying it to one panel (break up larger panels into sections), it will likely have been 1-2 minutes and can be wiped off already.

-Zach

conman1395
06-15-2015, 01:02 PM
Per the CarPro-US Site...

CQuartz Classic Directions:
Apply in shade only and not on hot surfaces
After polishing your vehicle use CarPro Eraser to wipe down the surface to ensure no oils are left from polishing
Wrap a mf Suede (included) around the applicator block (also included)
Shake CQuartz well and apply a few drops to the applicator
Wipe across a section of paint first up and down and then left and right
Ensure complete coverage.
NOTE: UPDATED VERSION - Timing for wipeoff is much less now. (usually between 2-5 minutes)
Wait until some slight resistance to wipe and then immediately remove.

CQuartz UK Directions:
Directions:
Wrap a 4" mf Suede around the applicator block
Shake CQuartz UK
Slowly open bottle and drag one line of product across applicator
Spread across paint in a criss cross pattern approximately 2-3 sq ft depending on conditions
Using a 16" Suede mf towel followed by a CarPro BOA towel and wipe off residue BEFORE it becomes sticky
Be sure to remove all excess residue and only then do you move to next section
Switch out applicators often
Apply Reload 1 hour later or anytime after

I find that in warmer temps, UK is wipe on, wipe off. By the time you get done applying it to one panel (break up larger panels into sections), it will likely have been 1-2 minutes and can be wiped off already.

-Zach
Okay cool, thank you.

conman1395
06-15-2015, 01:03 PM
I can only speak for CQUK, and the fact that the prep is the most important part. Once you get to application, it couldn't be more easy. Apply the product left to right then up and down. A few drops across the suede go a long way. There's no secret time limit to wait but if you are in a room temperature area, 90 seconds is a good start to allow it to set. Once it just begins to flash take your high quality microfiber and work the high spots. Lighter colored vehicles are 100X easier than darker, and dark is super simple also. I also bake each panel with a heat lamp, but if you don't have one use the sun. It 100% helps. I found that you really need to hit the car with reload after to give it that final LSP touch. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/92455-cquartz-uk-hd-cut.html
Thanks!

minorc
06-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Every time I applied CQUK it was wipe on wipe off, no matter what.

I learned this though trial and error and help from Corey

TFTADetail
06-17-2015, 11:55 AM
As stated above ........ wipe on/wipe off.

I will normally hit the coated areas twice with the Reload within in an hour or so after application. The wait time can very.

Much of the time, I am able to work my way around the car nearly non stop. As long as it takes to apply the CQuartz to the vehicle; by the time I reach my starting point I have spent enough time to be able to apply the Reload.