PDA

View Full Version : blind spots mirrors?

Pages : [1] 2

sito
06-14-2015, 11:09 AM
where can I find blind spot mirror?

my sorento has blind spots.

DogRescuer
06-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Google it

Belair
06-14-2015, 07:05 PM
Walmart & many car parts stores.

SYMAWD
06-14-2015, 08:50 PM
If your mirrors are set properly you really shouldn't have blind spots.

GenesisCoupe
06-14-2015, 09:36 PM
^^ Very true..i don't get people that turn their whole head to see the sides...

nizerims
06-15-2015, 05:19 AM
http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-original.jpg

LSNAutoDetailing
06-15-2015, 06:34 AM
Every time my friend gets in his Charger, he sees this in the mirror.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/Mustang030308/General%20Stuff/Bullitt_rear_view_mirror_zpsslvklolm.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Mustang030308/media/General%20Stuff/Bullitt_rear_view_mirror_zpsslvklolm.jpg.html)

Hazcat
06-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Okay, I laughed.

LSNAutoDetailing
06-15-2015, 11:27 AM
^^ Very true..i don't get people that turn their whole head to see the sides...

On the highway (or two lane road) I always take a glance over the shoulder + use the mirrors. I try to remain very aware of Motorcycles. They can come up you quickly.
I don't ride motorcycles, but I try to be very vigilant, especially this week is "bike week" in NH.

shagnat
06-16-2015, 02:05 AM
If your mirrors are set properly you really shouldn't have blind spots.
Feed back please I've got blind spots...... don't know how you can avoid them and neither can the auto industry otherwise they wouldn't have come out with blindspot sensorts/monitors/mirrors!! duh !!!!

I bought some at some auto parts store several years ago for my Toyota Highlander and within a year they turned foggy and couldn't see out of them.

Then I saw a 1999 Chevy S10 that was nothing more than a trash hauler that had these types mirrors since new and they look perfect. So, the question is not where to buy them, but, where to buy the ones that will last.

I want one for my driver's side...... don't need it for the left side so much if at all.

SYMAWD
06-16-2015, 07:02 AM
Feed back please I've got blind spots...... don't know how you can avoid them and neither can the auto industry otherwise they wouldn't have come out with blindspot sensorts/monitors/mirrors!! duh !!!!

I bought some at some auto parts store several years ago for my Toyota Highlander and within a year they turned foggy and couldn't see out of them.

Then I saw a 1999 Chevy S10 that was nothing more than a trash hauler that had these types mirrors since new and they look perfect. So, the question is not where to buy them, but, where to buy the ones that will last.

I want one for my driver's side...... don't need it for the left side so much if at all.

I drive many cars everyday with blind spot monitors. Whenever they are warning me, the car that it is warning me of is still visible to me in my mirrors. Refer to the picture above on how to adjust your mirrors.

shagnat
06-16-2015, 05:52 PM
If your theory is correct, I ask again, why did car manufacturers come out with blind spot detectors/mirrors/monitors/etc.?
Anyway, I've been driving since I was 15 and that was more than 50 years ago....... so, I'm kinda' sorta' familiar with mirror adjustments, but, thanks for your input.

SYMAWD
06-16-2015, 07:32 PM
If your theory is correct, I ask again, why did car manufacturers come out with blind spot detectors/mirrors/monitors/etc.?
Anyway, I've been driving since I was 15 and that was more than 50 years ago....... so, I'm kinda' sorta' familiar with mirror adjustments, but, thanks for your input.

Why did they come out with cruise control, TPMS, automatic climate control, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights, keyless access, lane keep assist, stop and go cruise control? Probably the same reason why they made blind spot monitors.

SYMAWD
06-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Why did you leave out steel belted tires, shoulder harnesses, air bags, power brakes, and power steering.
Let's not get cute and condescending. There is no way to adjust mirrors on a typical car w/out lane assist and still be able to see all of what is beside you or else they wouldn't have come out with it.
Do you think you're funny, or just an a$$ hole?! This is a serious question and your attitude tells us you're not serious about answering a question, just serious about being cute and drawing attention to yourself because mommy didn't nurse you long enough when you were a baby.
I'm 100% serious. I can see a car in my mirrors until it is visible out of my front side windows which you can see out of using peripheral vision. I guess my Civic is just an atypical car.

S4Dallas
06-19-2015, 09:46 AM

Hi - tough to read tone in email so please don't take this as being snippy. It is jot meant that way. But the answer is because most people don't know how to truly drive.

We also have a government that feels they need to (illegally) mandate technology in the quest to save us from ourselves. Recently it was backup cameras (we have rear view mirrors, why mandate a camera that shows the same thing?) and now they said last week they want to mandate the $5,000 crash avoidence systems. By the logic of the question posed, why have crash avoidence systems when we all have brakes we can use?

And then people blame the car companies as the price of cars go up with all this mandated technology.