PDA

View Full Version : Me guitar G110v2 buffer-junk

dwblindref
06-14-2015, 06:20 AM
Yesterday my Meguiars G110v2 buffer began losing power, starting and stopping and finally became too hot to touch. I called Meguiars, CAN'T HELP YOU BECAUSE IT IS OVER 1 YEAR OLD. They told me to buy a new one. I did buy a new one, a Griot's buffer. DON'T BUY THE MEGUIARS G110V2 BUFFER.

Ccrew
06-14-2015, 07:56 AM
I guess I'm missing it. You bought a buffer with a 1 year warranty, and when it failed outside of that warranty it's junk. There's a reason that a warranty is for a set time period, just saying. Some people will be in warranty, some will be out. It's the chance you take. Unless of course you do your research and buy the unit with the lifetime warranty that you didn't do the first try. Does that say something about you? I mean you're picking on Meguiars, and there's the whole people in glass houses thing.....

Setec Astronomy
06-14-2015, 08:11 AM
Well, this kind of brings up an interesting question. So the unit is out of warranty, was Meguiar's saying that there is no repair service available and that the only option was to buy a new one?

custmsprty
06-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Did you replace the brushes?

VISITOR
06-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Did you replace the brushes?

that or check the cord (usually the two main culprits). many were having issues with the cords when they first came out. sorry to hear... :(

dwblindref
06-15-2015, 07:38 AM
I did replace the brushes first. I did check the cord second. I had researched the G110v2 and spoke with the sales team at Barrett -Jackson and when they were at AutoGeek. I was assured that I would be able to send it back for evaluation and replacement if the unit was found to be defective . The CSR was very adamant that I was out of luck with my buffer. Buy a new one. Well I purchased my second Griots buffer as soon as I hung up from Meguiars. I have a nice Meguiars carrying case for my new Griots buffer.

Jaretr1
06-15-2015, 08:36 AM
I think the G110v2 was never known to be super durable, certainly not nearly as durable as the PC. Griots may or may not have been better but at least they warranty it for life.

Dapper Don
06-15-2015, 09:19 AM
I too have problems buffing out a car with my guitar as well. For some strange reason I cannot get the pads to stick to the strings...

Jaretr1
06-15-2015, 12:23 PM
I too have problems buffing out a car with my guitar as well. For some strange reason I cannot get the pads to stick to the strings...

But I bet it sounds good!

aim4squirrels
06-15-2015, 12:56 PM

You have to weave the pad between the strings, under, over, under, etc. Took me a time or two to figure that out myself.

I use the lower strings for heavy compounding, the uppers for fine polishing.

I can get about five 5.5" pads up the fret board, really cuts down my detailing time.