PDA

View Full Version : Rupes LHR12E

Pages : [1] 2

tpr1634
06-13-2015, 02:32 PM
LHR12 rupes any one using, any thought I have a flex looking for something to replace my PC. Thanks

d33p
06-13-2015, 03:06 PM
I had one and liked it. Didnt polish a whole lot so cant give you more feedback.

Its also on sale right now here on AG for $249.99

trekkeruss
06-13-2015, 03:23 PM
I have a Duetto, but I can't compare it to a PC since I've never had one. I like my Rupes. It's very smooth and comfortable to use.

Mike ca
06-13-2015, 05:26 PM
I have both the duetto & mini plus LHR15,21 Im extremely happy with the whole system you can't beat $250 price for the Duetto right now that's a great deal...

JSou
06-13-2015, 05:30 PM
I love my duetto. I have a new backing plate on the way for it to convert it to a 3".

custmsprty
06-13-2015, 05:46 PM
LHR12 rupes any one using, any thought I have a flex looking for something to replace my PC. Thanks

I have the 15, the Duetto and the Mini. I find myself using the Duetto over the 15. I haven't picked up my 15 in along time. The Duetto does a great job and is super smooth. I've done quite a few two step polishes with it. I also have a GG6 and had a PC. Their is no comparison, but then again it does cost quite a bit more. The nice thing about a GG6 is you can use a variety of backing plates but it does vibrate a lot with a 3" or 4" bp. The Mini is just plain awesome. It corrects and it applies lsp's excellently. I would highly recommend the Rupes Duetto.

custmsprty
06-13-2015, 05:47 PM
[quote=JSou;1262064]I love my duetto. I have a new backing plate on the way for it to convert it to a 3".[/q

Unless something has recently changed that's not going to work. I've already been down that road. If it's a Rupes Mini backing plate you ordered it won't fit the Duetto.

tpr1634
06-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the responses nice price right now not sure, going to try a buddy's 15 first to see how it feels.

custmsprty
06-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the responses nice price right now not sure, going to try a buddy's 15 first to see how it feels.

The 15 and Duetto are really different feeling machines, that's not a great comparison. The Duetto is more compact. It's like a PC or GG on steroids but wayyyyy smoother. It's easier to maneuver in tight areas than a 15.

fly07sti
06-13-2015, 08:16 PM
[quote=JSou;1262064]I love my duetto. I have a new backing plate on the way for it to convert it to a 3".[/q

Unless something has recently changed that's not going to work. I've already been down that road. If it's a Rupes Mini backing plate you ordered it won't fit the Duetto.

I believe (assume) he's talking about the one that's being sold from a guy that owns a shop that sells/uses Gyeon & Kamikaze products. Looks nice as its machined from billet and it's price is $99!

JSou
06-13-2015, 08:48 PM
I believe (assume) he's talking about the one that's being sold from a guy that owns a shop that sells/uses Gyeon & Kamikaze products. Looks nice as its machined from billet and it's price is $99!

;)

dlc95
06-13-2015, 10:54 PM
I have both of them. The Duetto is my "baby". It is much more refined than the pc. Mine is stock, "unmodded", and I use their pads on it. I have mostly used Menzerna compounds, and polishes though. Great machine!

d33p
06-13-2015, 11:18 PM
3" BP for the Duetto? Someone PM me about this please.

custmsprty
06-14-2015, 12:18 AM
;)

The problem I see with that BP is that the Duetto shroud extends way out beyond the bp and the pad so you will have to be very careful not to bang the machine into the paint or smaller working areas. You may also have difficulty seeing the pad in tight areas because of the shroud blocking your view. The Mini in smaller in the pad area and has no shroud. Personally I'd buy a GG 3" before I'd spend $99.00 plus shipping on that backing plate.

tpr1634
06-14-2015, 07:11 AM
The 15 and Duetto are really different feeling machines, that's not a great comparison. The Duetto is more compact. It's like a PC or GG on steroids but wayyyyy smoother. It's easier to maneuver in tight areas than a 15.

That's my thought process, having a 3401 I'm looking for a better and smoother PC. As we all know the Porter Cable will beat you up on long runs. What pads do you use I have a lot of lake and hex. I was really hoping Griots was coming to market with a much improved GG6, something to really step up that segment. Well at least they did up the game in the longer stroke field. I also really like the Megs microfiber pads which I have been using on the PC, hoping they play well with the rupes.