PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm..Not my best decision

hoyt66
06-13-2015, 06:22 AM
My wifes Dodge Journey is having transmission work done. It's going to be pretty costly so instead of renting a car I made the decision to have her drive my Durango and I'd commute to

work in the Challenger. I should have eaten the car rental fee(no free loaners at the shop we took it to) Most people know I live in a dirt road subdivision and let me tell you I had a very

stressful week!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=95751

You know what my Friday night consisted of

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=95752

This won't happen again :nomore:

kbmag1
06-13-2015, 06:48 AM
ouch, that would be difficult. dirt roads still?

hoyt66
06-13-2015, 06:57 AM
ouch, that would be difficult. dirt roads still?

We're not moving yet but I'll definitely eat the rental car in this situation . I thought I could handle it. I was wrong. The car is garage kept and " never" sees water. I'm telling you it rained 4/5 days this week!

hoyt66
06-13-2015, 06:58 AM
We're not moving yet but I'll definitely eat the rental car in this situation . I thought I could handle it. I was wrong. The car is garage kept and " never" sees water. I'm telling you it rained 4/5 days this week!

On the plus side I finally got to see some great beading! :-)

kbmag1
06-13-2015, 07:53 AM
silver lining to silver muscle!!! It cleaned up nice...what lsp?

SRConcepts
06-13-2015, 08:07 AM
I know where you're coming from here, my Chevelle is a sunny-weather-only car... mostly because black is horridly difficult to keep clean. This does remind me of an In:Out I saw years ago in Car Craft Magazine-

In: Getting the second scratch in your new paint, and realizing it's just a car and you should be enjoying it anyway.
Out: Getting the first scratch in your new paint.

hoyt66
06-13-2015, 11:46 AM
silver lining to silver muscle!!! It cleaned up nice...what lsp?

At the moment I have Zymol Royale on there. Lol its not mine. A friend of mine let me try some.

I know where you're coming from here, my Chevelle is a sunny-weather-only car... mostly because black is horridly difficult to keep clean. This does remind me of an In:Out I saw years ago in Car Craft Magazine-

In: Getting the second scratch in your new paint, and realizing it's just a car and you should be enjoying it anyway.
Out: Getting the first scratch in your new paint.

Yeah I get this. I feel that way form time to time about driving it. It's just a Dodge Rt Classic but I really work hard at keeping it pristine and I dumped a little money into modding it. It's all good. I finally got to wash it with a 2 bucket and hose with all the implements! Normally it just a WW wipe down:dblthumb2:

LSNAutoDetailing
06-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Got a little mud on the garage queen eh? Nice job cleaning her up.

Same thing happened to me, car went in the shop and I rented a car.
Neighbor asked, "but you have a Mustang in the garage...?" I said, yep.. sure do!

aim4squirrels
06-13-2015, 12:51 PM
At the moment I have Zymol Royale on there. Lol its not mine. A friend of mine let me try some.

Yeah I get this. I feel that way form time to time about driving it. It's just a Dodge Rt Classic but I really work hard at keeping it pristine and I dumped a little money into modding it. It's all good. I finally got to wash it with a 2 bucket and hose with all the implements! Normally it just a WW wipe down:dblthumb2:

Speaking as a fellow owner:

Drive it. You can't take it with you, and no one's ever going to love it as much as you do.

Might as well enjoy the s*** outta it. Why let some other jack wagon use it all up?

Maybe I just don't get car collectors, but when I see an old classic with 6000 miles on it, I just think "what a waste".

hoyt66
06-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Got a little mud on the garage queen eh? Nice job cleaning her up.

Same thing happened to me, car went in the shop and I rented a car.
Neighbor asked, "but you have a Mustang in the garage...?" I said, yep.. sure do!

Next time for sure!

hoyt66
06-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Speaking as a fellow owner:

Drive it. You can't take it with you, and no one's ever going to love it as much as you do.

Might as well enjoy the s*** outta it. Why let some other jack wagon use it all up?

Maybe I just don't get car collectors, but when I see an old classic with 6000 miles on it, I just think "what a waste".

I agree with you. Couple things . I want to leave this to my son and I'm confident it'll be taken care of. I also agree about driving them, especially here in Michigan where a rear wheel drive is almost automatically a seasonal ride. The only thing is with living on a dirt road I like to pick and choose my days to take it out. A couple more days and things should be back to normal