PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been PermaBanned from a Forum?

Pages : [1] 2

Billy Baldone
06-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Like the title says, has anyone ever been given a lifetime ban from a forum of any kind? And yes I have.

oldmodman
06-12-2015, 03:26 AM
Yes.

There are a couple of car forums that I just had to troll.

It was a lot of fun while it lasted. Is it true that every Camaro owner has a Mullet?

And the answers on a particular Corvette forum were priceless.

Billy Baldone
06-12-2015, 05:32 AM
I never "trolled" I was a member of Chicago Mustang Club.com for a handful of years. I had a very entertaining goodbye thread when I bought my 2010 Miata. A fun Valentines day thread, which garnered some warnings. And the life time ban came when I listed my "Flashlight" (adult toy version) in the for sale section. I never understood how they missed the humor in it. Oh well.

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2015, 05:37 AM
I never understood how they missed the humor in it.

I do.

99monguse
06-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Yes.

There are a couple of car forums that I just had to troll.

It was a lot of fun while it lasted. Is it true that every Camaro owner has a Mullet?

And the answers on a particular Corvette forum were priceless.

What was even more fun, when I told all those old men on the corvette forum, that there are 2 kinds of people who buy vettes: 1) middle-aged-old men who have an old woman at home and hate their home life and 2) men that are compensating for you know what, or a mix of both!

FUNX650
06-12-2015, 08:10 AM
"PermaBanned":
Something like Permafrost?

Bob

swanicyouth
06-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Never been banned.

A lot of PMs telling this or that is not appropriate.

dcjredline
06-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Once from the ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld A-Body forum. The mod was a dope who I (before she became a mod) helped out ALOT with her car. Good deeds never go unpunished.

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Once from the ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld A-Body forum. The mod was a dope who I (before she became a mod) helped out ALOT with her car. Good deeds never go unpunished.

A-body forum, how did I miss that? Or was it only an A-Special forum?

Flash Gordon
06-13-2015, 12:24 AM
autopia.org (orginal)
detailcity (9 times/9 handles)
truthindetailing
live2detail
detailingbliss (3 times/3 handles)

Other then these 5. No

Some people don't want to hear the truth

p.s. at first I thought this was another new coating thread

:rolleyes:

builthatch
06-14-2015, 11:11 PM
never banned, but i self-banned myself from some lighting forum, i think it was called candlepowerforums or something, because the imbecile running the automotive section was muting posts left and right with no regard for information sharing, which is what a technical forum is all about. i remember relaying the info to the admin because as someone who had a ton of experience doing what this dude was trying to do, i felt compelled to let them know. she didn't care, haha.

i was a global moderator on honda-tech for years and banned hundreds if not thousands of people, not including obvious spammers. and it's hard to get banned over there. this forum is one of the most forgiving i've seen in terms of banning people, but i think it's also a function of the type of people who come around here. everyone is good, largely.

AGOatemywallet
06-15-2015, 09:28 AM
Whatever happened to allenk4?

builthatch
06-15-2015, 10:02 AM

haha, he's the one user i was thinking of when considering who, of note, has been banned from here. it's kinda hard to get booted around here but not many people seem to test the waters.

aim4squirrels
06-15-2015, 11:53 AM

haha, he's the one user i was thinking of when considering who, of note, has been banned from here. it's kinda hard to get booted around here but not many people seem to test the waters.

His status reads: on queue, so maybe a bit of a hiatus.

Perhaps he "took the Black" and is in exile.

tdekany
06-15-2015, 11:59 AM
Lifetime ban from the FR-s forum for posting a detail for the client. Funny thing is that other pro detailers are posting details. How do they pick and chose?