PDA

View Full Version : Is It OK To Use A DA Machine For Klasse HGSG Application?

oakview
06-10-2015, 09:35 PM
I bought some Klasse HGSG for my truck (sits out 24/7) and initially applied a coat using my 6" Griot's DA with a red pad at speed 2. After reading numerous Klass HGSG threads, it seems as though I should be applying by hand from what others who use it are saying. This second time around I applied it by hand.

Is it OK to use a DA, or am I just wasting product and perhaps ruining the integrity of the product??

TroyScherer
06-10-2015, 09:45 PM
I have never had luck using a DA with KSG and I've been through 2 bottles. But my dad has a does it regularly.

I say if it works for you, Go for it. I find the best looks and durability come around 3 coats.

Ccrew
06-10-2015, 10:49 PM
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]
I have never had luck using a DA with KSG and I've been through 2 bottles. But my dad has a does it regularly.

I say if it works for you, Go for it. I find the best looks and durability come around 3 coats.

I'm exactly the same place.Best results by hand with the wipe on/wipe off method and 3 coats at least 8 hours apart.

oakview
06-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. Though easier to apply by machine, it's still as hard to get off if applied too thick using either method. I hadn't heard about applying 3 coats. I usually do one, and top it with another coat of Collinite 845.

Don M
06-11-2015, 04:51 AM
Always do at least 2 coats to ensure complete coverage. Topping with 845 isn't a bad idea either.

TroyScherer
06-11-2015, 05:55 AM
I'm exactly the same place.Best results by hand with the wipe on/wipe off method and 3 coats at least 8 hours apart.

I transfer some to a small spritz bottle. then I spritz and spread. I try and spread it super thin and even so it looks like a minor haze. I let it sit for 1r then I lightly buff and apply another layer.

I found great gloss at 3 layers. Though it takes extra time I found it work it. But adding 845 has a similar effect.