PDA

View Full Version : Rinker 209 Boat Detail

J.Kempster
06-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I purchased my Flex 3401 just a few short months ago. I am finally using it.

My brother in law purchased a 1996 Rinker 209. The boat was in mechanically great shape. However, the boat is in need of a detail.

I used my 3401, white Hybrid pad and WG TSR. When I ordered my Hybrid pads, I did not except to be polishing a boat so I did not get a blue pad and according to many recommendations, I will be purchasing some to put in the cabinet.

However, the white Hybrid pad and WG TSR has removed the white chalky mess and left behind a smooth glossy finish. It is not 100% defect free but it is exceeding the expectations we had. As a newbie, this is very exciting. I am leaving work shortly to finish and will try to get some pictures to add to this thread.

I am thinking the PE-8 would be nice to have for the smaller areas.
Thanks to those who post and provide me with information to absorb. :buffing:

Buff-N-Glo
06-11-2015, 11:21 PM
That's good to hear. For the edges and what not I reccomend a rotary buffer, it will cut the oxidation faster and wax the edges a whole lot better than the flex will. The flex is more of a hologram remover, it will cut oxidation but not as quickly as a rotary.

J.Kempster
06-13-2015, 07:45 PM

J.Kempster
06-13-2015, 07:51 PM
I didn't take any before pictures. I plan to be more prepared next time. However the boat turned out great. 4 nights after work so a total of roughly 10 hours.

I already covered the engine but it is spotless. Can anyone recommend an APC that doesn't smell terrible?

I am itching to pick up the PE-14 now. I have another boat lined up.

I used M21 because it's what I had and this wasn't a paying detail. Can anyone recommend a quality LSP for boats?

Thanks again for viewing/commenting. I hope to improve the next feature with many before, during and after photos.