PDA

View Full Version : Carpro spotless

Sicoupe
06-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Hey guys question, I just detailed my wife's car and pulled it in the garage to finish it up, I've noticed I have some dried water spots on the windshield. Can I just spray the spotless on sponge and work it in and then wipe clean with wet MF before final cleaning of window? Thanks for your helpFeed back please

Angus
06-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Yes, but be very careful. I did exactly what you're asking about with Spotless back in April and ended up with an etched windshield. Which was totally my fault because I didn't flush the windshield with fresh water quickly enough. If it were me, I'd pick up a more forgiving water spot remover and play it safe.

Sicoupe
06-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Yes, but be very careful. I did exactly what you're asking about with Spotless back in April and ended up with an etched windshield. Which was totally my fault because I didn't flush the windshield with fresh water quickly enough. If it were me, I'd pick up a more forgiving water spot remover and play it safe.Thank you very much! I appreciate for the response:xyxthumbs:

Dr_Pain
06-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Spotless has a pH of 4 so acidic. You need to neutralize after application by washing or minimum flushing the area with water

Rsurfer
06-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Hey guys question, I just detailed my wife's car and pulled it in the garage to finish it up, I've noticed I have some dried water spots on the windshield. Can I just spray the spotless on sponge and work it in and then wipe clean with wet MF before final cleaning of window? Thanks for your helpFeed back please

Use Duragloss Nu Glass instead.

Sicoupe
06-09-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm gonna wait and do it when I wash it again, that way I can flush it with water after applying. Thanks again for everyone's help.
RSURFER: I will check into the duragloss thanks!

kevincwelch
05-05-2016, 10:36 PM
How do sealants and waxes stand up to Spotless? I would think that the LSP would degrade a bit after application of Spotless.

DBAILEY
05-06-2016, 01:46 AM
Spotless killed the BL Glass Coating that I had on my windshield. It removed the water spots but at the expense of the coating. The Carpro Spotless bottle does says that it may not be compatible with some window coatings. So it would probably do some serious damage to a sealant/wax layer.

AutowerxDetailing
05-06-2016, 04:04 AM
How do sealants and waxes stand up to Spotless? I would think that the LSP would degrade a bit after application of Spotless.

It generally won't harm CQuartz coatings since they are resistant to a pretty wide range of chemicals; however, the protective capability of most "traditional" sealants and waxes will be significantly degraded, if not fully removed, after an application of Spotless.

GSKR
05-06-2016, 05:43 AM
I got a grand sport vette to do today,hammered with cratered water etching all over.I applied acid to the hood and it did zero.Im not looking forward doing this car today.