PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy’s World Black Hole Show Glaze or CG blacklight for this car

Nix
06-09-2015, 06:52 AM
past weekend i did my first detailing..i am pretty happy with the results i achieved..used chemical guys vss and orange hex pad with griots garage 6 inch random orbital to remove all the swirls marks..I used collinite 845 after paint correction just one coat..i was wondering if applying collinite 845 over either Poorboy’s World Black Hole Show Glaze or CG blacklight will enhance the look more or not..i am after more deep gloss look..or any other waxes that will make it more gloss..this is a daily driver and parked outside 24/7

ronkh57
06-09-2015, 07:02 AM
IMHO
I love to use black hole under lsp's. To me it add's more depth and life to the paint.

Desertnate
06-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Blackhole under 845 looks amazing and doesn't effect the durability either.

Since you've already done so much work to your vehicle already, I'd leave it alone until it needs to be waxed again.

Since you're looking at glazes to use under 845, you might want to consider Prima Amigo as well. I've used Amigo and Blackhole and really like both. I've found Blackhole darkens the paint and hides flaws a little better, but Amigo has better cleaning properties. Both look amazing and you can't go wrong either way.

Nix
06-09-2015, 08:47 AM
ya for now i will just top it off with another coat of 845 and make it work when i do my prep for winter i will either use blackhole or Prima..thank you for your suggestion just wanted to make sure that using either one of those wont affect the durability of 845..another thing i also have brand new mazda deep crystal blue.. want to know if i should use blackhole or prima on brand new paint before topping with 845..or just use 845..

Desertnate
06-09-2015, 09:19 AM
ya for now i will just top it off with another coat of 845 and make it work when i do my prep for winter i will either use blackhole or Prima..thank you for your suggestion just wanted to make sure that using either one of those wont affect the durability of 845..another thing i also have brand new mazda deep crystal blue.. want to know if i should use blackhole or prima on brand new paint before topping with 845..or just use 845..

I've not seen Blackhole or Amigo have any negative effect on durability. I've used both combinations and easily made it through six months of mid-west US winter abuse. Both products are actually used in their own product line as prep for their respective sealants, so there shouldn't be any issues.

There is no harm in using either on a new car. They will only make it look better. I picked up my black GTI in November and quickly hit it with a coat of Blackhole to hide the dealer installed swirls and then sealed it with 845. It was a perfect combo to get me through the winter. I focus on doing corrections to my cars in the Spring.

d33p
06-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Blacklight is more of a sealant. Try CG ez creme II, it works wonders.

VeloNYC
06-12-2015, 01:20 AM
Blacklight is more of a sealant. Try CG ez creme II, it works wonders.

He doesnt need EZ creme if he has better product already.

For deep blue mica I would recommend 915, but mazda did screw up with new generation paint job, lots of orange peel, and thin paint.