PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remove Gtechniq Exo

XAMfed
06-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Last fall I applied C1 and Exo to my car in a garage without the best lighting. I had some high spots that I left on all winter. 2 weeks ago, I tried to polish it off so I could reapply it. When trying to polish it off, it seemed to just melt and spread all over the paint. I now have cloudy paint and can't get it to shine again.

I used the Adams Polishes 2 step process with micro fiber pads on my Griots 6"

any ideas?

Avi@CarPro
06-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Not sure what exactly you have done there,pictures would help, if surface still has these high spots i would advise to use our Spotless , its strong acid solution that i know can help you with the coating you have there. work it as water spot remover, spray over the defected area , agitate on and rinse well after. might work.
test it on small area first to see how it goes.
near glass be careful not to leave sprayed Spotless dry on , it might stain your glass if left to dry. HTH

XAMfed
06-10-2015, 08:03 AM
I will try and get pictures for you, I am not sure how they will turn out. there is some sort of hazy film all over the car now. I can't get it to polish out. The high spots are gone.

I will look into getting spotless to see if will help.

Andy B. Cool
06-10-2015, 08:24 AM
M100 should do the trick

kevincwelch
06-10-2015, 08:43 AM
What polisher did you use? How many passes? How big were your sections? Did you use too little/too much polish? How much pressure did you apply?

I removed gtechniq from my car last summer (it was there a year with a couple high spots) and had to use FG400 in a couple areas with my Rupes to get it down. The high spots can look hazy, so it might just need a more aggressive polish.

Agree with others: pics would help.

Sent into the Ether via Tapatalk 🆒