PDA

View Full Version : Water spots

dakevmann
06-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Whats the best thing to get water spots out of my factory tinted windows? It rained yesterday and I did not get a chance to get it off before it dryed. :)

dakevmann
06-18-2006, 07:34 PM
OH yeah I have tried invisible glass and other common products. What else can I try?

NissanOwner
06-18-2006, 07:58 PM
DP High Performance Glass Restorer, easy to use and its great, then top off with DP Krystal Vision. Get them while they're still on sale.
:cheers:

joe.p
06-18-2006, 08:26 PM
dampen a towel with warm water and vinegar and let the towel soak on the glass for a few minutes. You can try KAIO or polish if you have them..

btw, do this out of the sun and make sure the glass is cool to the touch..

ScottB
06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
dampen a towel with warm water and vinegar and let the towel soak on the glass for a few minutes. You can try KAIO or polish if you have them..

btw, do this out of the sun and make sure the glass is cool to the touch..

:iagree: :iagree:

very sound advice. The DP Glass Restorer rocks also :p

joe.p
06-19-2006, 07:00 PM
:iagree: :iagree:

very sound advice. The DP Glass Restorer rocks also :p
I wasn't sure if he wanted to wait and purchase on line since the vinegar is readily available i offered it up.. I had some really bad spotting after washing on a windy day
luckily they didn't last and came out after a few car washe's and of cousre
constant QDing ;) ..

dakevmann
06-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Joe I tried the vinegar and warm water and it did the trick, it got ride of the water spots very easly. Next time I will get off my butt and dry my truck after a rain shower. Thanks again for all of the advice.

justin_murphy
06-19-2006, 08:44 PM
I've been using OCW some and I'm using it on the windows with nice results. Noticing that there are no new water spot on repeat washes.

joe.p
06-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Joe I tried the vinegar and warm water and it did the trick, it got ride of the water spots very easly. Next time I will get off my butt and dry my truck after a rain shower. Thanks again for all of the advice.
Glad it worked for you Dave.