PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of 3M crystal Shield?!! and few other questions

alamoudimoh
06-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Good Morning/ afternoon and evening everyone.

i have a question, i bought a brand new car on Feb, since it is either hot or damn hot here in Saudi, so i took the car to 3M for tinting and they offer me what they call car waxing. later on when i sat with the workshop manager he told me they have applied something called 3M Crystal shield (which in my opinion something like the paint coating, however i could not find anything on the internet regarding this!! anyone knows what is this all about?!! any idea how long will it protect my car?

another point (if it is a paint coat) can i clay the car if it needs to and polish it, then applied sealant and finally good coat of wax? to maintain the protection?

i am thinking about the following:

1. clay it with nanoskin fine grade (if needed, is there any ultra fine ones?)
2. polish it with wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer or Blankfire Closs Enhancing Polish
3. apply a two coat of CG Jetseal as it is one of the longest protections as per my search and since i have recently purchased and applied it to my other car.
4. finally, apply a nice coat of collinite 845 or 915, or if you have any other cooler suggestion.

P.S. i might top up the wax with wolfgang fuzion ;)

Ccrew
06-07-2015, 05:50 AM
You may want to find out exactly what that 3M product is, because if it's a paint coating what you propose won't protect it, it'll probably polish it right off.

alamoudimoh
06-07-2015, 07:44 AM
You may want to find out exactly what that 3M product is, because if it's a paint coating what you propose won't protect it, it'll probably polish it right off.

Thanks mate. Ill try to get more details from the workshop.

A question here. Is it the polishing with the above that will remove the paint coating if there is any?! Or what exactly?

dsharpe89
06-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Looks like it is indeed a coating, can't find any on the North American 3m page but they have it on their Chinese page:

3M Total Car Care Solution ????????????:3?? Crystal Shield???? (http://solutions.3m.com.hk/wps/portal/3M/zh_HK/Automotive_Home/Main/?assetType=MMM_Article&assetId=1361807143020&univid=1361807143020)

https://www.facebook.com/3MCrystalShieldingCoat?fref=photo

I would try to contact your local 3M rep and get recommended care instructions, I would guess to stay away from any polishing though

rlmccarty2000
06-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Yeah it is a China made product. I have talked to their rep about bringing it here to the U.S. I can't give you any real use information, but they have some YouTube videos of the stuff in use. Looks tough as nails, but on YouTube anything can be done. Luck

alamoudimoh
06-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Looks like it is indeed a coating, can't find any on the North American 3m page but they have it on their Chinese page:

3M Total Car Care Solution ????????????:3?? Crystal Shield???? (http://solutions.3m.com.hk/wps/portal/3M/zh_HK/Automotive_Home/Main/?assetType=MMM_Article&assetId=1361807143020&univid=1361807143020)

https://www.facebook.com/3MCrystalShieldingCoat?fref=photo

I would try to contact your local 3M rep and get recommended care instructions, I would guess to stay away from any polishing though

yes, you are right, should i just stick with topping it with sealant and wax or just wax?

alamoudimoh
06-08-2015, 01:29 AM
as i cannot edit the first post,

Update #1

the correct name of the product is "3M hypershield"

i do not know why this product is Saudi where it seems like 3M is targeting east and far east Asia!!

here is a youtube that i found, i have also called the detailing shop and they say, this can last for a year which i doubt if it is a coating as i know it can last much much longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U0zanktFmY

++++++++++++++

as I do not want to loss the investment i have already made to the paint. I propose doing the following and your expertise will definitely guide me to the right direction:

I will skip claying, polishing, and go straight to the sealing with jetseal, the paint finish looks good in my opinion, and this shield was applied last Feb. or should i go directly to waxing.

well, why i do this the summer (the really hot weather, again it is either hot or really hot in here ;) ) is right off the corner and i would like to have some extra protection and enhance the look of the paint and bring the depth of my pearl white car.

what do you think guys.

BTW.... i love the responses in the forum, everyone seems to participate and share their valued opinion, keep it up guys

:dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

alamoudimoh
06-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Guys,

I need ur help

What sealant, wax, and after wash spray wax to apply? I need something to repeal dust, plsssssss

dsharpe89
06-13-2015, 12:34 PM
I was hoping someone else with coating experience would comment as I have no personal experience but I think most people do not top the coating with anything. Some coatings have spray on type toppers you can use such as CarPro Reload or PBL Coating booster.