PDA

View Full Version : ARO safe for painter wheels?

A1monky
09-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I just bought a gallon on ARO, and I own painted BBS wheels.
Should I dilute it? And if so how much?

Thanks

richy
09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
It gives a dilution rate on the bottle..it gets watered down quite a bit. I have also read where someone used it full strength on a painted surface with no ill effects. I have not tried mine yet although I have a job line up for this weekend, so I'll be playing with mine too. I mixed mine stronger than what the bottle said...we'll see how it goes!

A1monky
09-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Yea, I just noticed the reccomendations on the bottle :o.
I have been using it full strength, and I havent noticed any problems.
I just wanted to see if others were doing the same.
I think this time I will dilute it 1:1, and see if I get the same great results.
Just to be alittle safer...

richy
09-06-2007, 11:06 PM
The only complaint I've heard from people..and you can't even call it a complaint..is that they go through it too fast. If it works fine cut..it'll last longer obviously. Next time I think I'll cut it more, and see how the results are.

dontsleeponit
09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I used it just yesterday, 50/50 on my painted silver stock wheels, worked excellent and no ill effects

It seems like good stuff, and a bargain at 25/gal plus it gets diluted

klumzypinoy
09-07-2007, 12:48 AM
I ordered my ARO a few days ago, 1 gallon. Pirex told me I will go through it FAST, so I did myself a favor and got the gallon. I can't wait to use it!

ScottB
09-07-2007, 06:44 AM
bottle says it safe directly on clearcoat and paint. It is a rather good cleaner for wheels when used straight, I have never diluted. Spray your tires, its amazing how quickly the past protectants come off without issue.

DantheMan
09-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I have used it straight with no problems.. I was going through it pretty fast too, so I mixed a bottle 1:1 with no real noticable loss in cleaning ability on stuff thats in okay condition.. I still use it straight for nasty stuff and underhood and wherever else I may need the extra strength.

Jimmie
09-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Here's my take on diluting ARO. The bottle says "when water activated ARO becomes a super strength cleaner". The AG summary of ARO also says water activated. The instuctions say to wet surface before applying ARO. Now a curve, the bottle also says to dilute 5:1 for use on paint (test an area).
Here's what I found when I diluted a batch 1:1 and let it sit for three days before using. It worked but took a noticeable amount more agitating to do the job. Another member came up with the same result. It would probably be best if you dilute a fresh batch to use it all rather than store it.
I've gone back to using it full strength on a wet surface. Knowing the way it's supposed to work I just use less. I tied a review of ARO to a Show and Shine that I did awhile back but the results were what you just read.

richy
09-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for those tips Jimmie..I used it on some nasty wheels and it was not as good as I had hoped. I used a cut solution though and not full strength. I have to get another spray bottle and may try it full strength to see if it makes a difference.

alban61
09-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I haven't diluted it for wheels. I've used it full strength for wheels/tires. Works great.
I wasn't thinking, and used it full strength on the hood of my wife's car to remove some PITA bird crap that QD wasn't fully removing. It wiped right off without a problem. Then I read the bottle and it said to dilute for paint. Ooops! :o Saturated the hood with QD and wiped up. No ill effects still. Phew!
Going a little off topic here....but still on ARO. Just washed my SUV with DP 4n1 and ARO. Did a rinseless wash using 3 gal water, 3 oz DP 4n1 and 2 oz ARO. (ARO label says 5 gal water and 4 oz ARO). It cleaned up the Explorer really well. Hasn't been washed in 2 weeks. Felt like it had better lubricity (if you know what I mean) as the Schmitt glided over the paint. Paint felt really slick while drying with Guzzler. Ran my fingers over the paint after drying, and it felt really slick. Love it!