PDA

View Full Version : Rupes and pads?

AbileneAutoWerx
06-06-2015, 01:52 PM
I've been waiting for Griot's to introduce their new polisher and while the lifetime warranty is great the price isn't when IMO it's just a Chinese Rupes. I was thinking it would come in a little cheaper....oh well. Anyway I'm going to just go ahead and stick with the Rupes and I was wondering what 5.5 pads y'all guys like with it? I have the Meguiars MT300 with Megs pads and love it but I've always wanted to try a Rupes. Thanks in advance guys!

custmsprty
06-06-2015, 01:56 PM
I've been waiting for Griot's to introduce their new polisher and while the lifetime warranty is great the price isn't when IMO it's just a Chinese Rupes. I was thinking it would come in a little cheaper....oh well. Anyway I'm going to just go ahead and stick with the Rupes and I was wondering what 5.5 pads y'all guys like with it? I have the Meguiars MT300 with Megs pads and love it but I've always wanted to try a Rupes. Thanks in advance guys!

You know I just looked at it, I'm not one to speculate but based upon the price point and the quality of the bearings, machined counter weight, design etc I wouldn't be surprised if Rupes is private labeling that machine. It would make sense, it would protect their market share. Take a good look at the interior parts, they are high quality machined parts.

Rmd
06-06-2015, 02:00 PM
I have the full complement of Rupes foam and MF pads, and have used all. I also bought the LC orbital foam pads later and in my experience there has been a difference. The LC pads spin better and feel smoother to me. Rupes is designed as a system, but LC orbital foam pads are better. I'm a fan.

RPM_BR
06-06-2015, 06:58 PM
The LC HD pads are extremely good as well. Buy one each to see if ýou get along with it, I think there are only three choices. I did.

d33p
06-06-2015, 09:12 PM
I also have the LC HD pads and they really are nice. The HD pads stay flatter on the edges than the Rupes pads.

AbileneAutoWerx
06-07-2015, 11:48 PM
After reading what seems like a thousand posts I'm going to go with the Rupes pads since it was designed to really be a system type polisher. I've been loving my MT300 with Megs thin pads so I'm hoping I'll be just as happy with the Rupes system. Thanks for the feedback guys!

custmsprty
06-07-2015, 11:50 PM
You know I just looked at it, I'm not one to speculate but based upon the price point and the quality of the bearings, machined counter weight, design etc I wouldn't be surprised if Rupes is private labeling that machine. It would make sense, it would protect their market share. Take a good look at the interior parts, they are high quality machined parts.

Guess not, my bad, but I may buy one next month just for the fun of it and for the comparison.

AbileneAutoWerx
06-08-2015, 01:26 AM
The only reason I'm 90% sure I'm going with the Rupes is that it's proven. It's just hard to spend the same money on the Griot's when it's not proven and manufactured in China. Yes my MT300 was manufactured there but then again it was $200. I really hope the Griot's does really well and proves itself being an American company. Only positive with buying the Griot's is that even being made in China it profits a American company. I don't buy Toyota because even though a lot them are made here like Tundra in my own state it still profits a foreign country. IDK I guess the smartest thing for me to do is to wait a few months and see how the Griot's does when more folks get their hands on it but I've got the itch for a long throw and I'm not good at handling a itch. I need detailers therapy. Haha