PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Traverse finished product

Pages : [1] 2

iaff78
06-06-2015, 11:53 AM
After a few weeks of waiting, I finally found some time to give my Trav a thorough detail. I think i have 25 hours into it and am glad its finally over. Now, it'll be easier keeping it looking good and alot less time doing so which is a plus. I have attached some photos but please take it easy on me since i am not the best photographer in the world http://www.traverseforum.com/Smileys/default/help.gif

Here is a list of what i did and not in the exact order and I may have missed a step or two:

-IronX the entire vehicle
-Cleaned/dressed the engine bay
-Snowfoamed followed by a 2 bucket method. Power washed the entire vehicle plus the under carriage.
-Cleaned/dressed rims and tires plus cleaned the barrels.
-Cleaned dressed the fender wells
-Clayed the whole vehicle
-Compounded the whole vehicle using Megs105
-Polished using Megs205
-2 coats of Menzerna PL sealant
-1 coat of Menzerna CL wax
-Steam cleaned the interior plus the headd liner
-Cleaned/dressed the interior panels
-Windows inside and out
-Cleaned/waxed door jambs and door frames
-Removed exterior moldings and cleaned/waxed the cavities
-All exterior black plastic was dressed.

Now its time to enjoy the Trav and watch a freak storm mess up all my hard work http://www.traverseforum.com/Smileys/default/angry4.gif

Thanks,
Kevin

http://s63.photobucket.com/user/k140db/slideshow/2012%20Chevrolet%20Traverse (http://s63.photobucket.com/user/k140db/slideshow/2012%20Chevrolet%20Traverse)

toland76
06-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Your album is private

iaff78
06-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Fixed. Many apologies!!

toland76
06-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Looks great!

iaff78
06-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Looks great!

Many thanks!

emmjay
06-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Looks amazing!

I plan on trying powerlock for the first time real soon. When you say two coats, how far apart would you apply the two coats and what would be the benefit of said two coats?

Still learning and got a long way to go :D

iaff78
06-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Looks amazing!

I plan on trying powerlock for the first time real soon. When you say two coats, how far apart would you apply the two coats and what would be the benefit of said two coats?

Still learning and got a long way to go :D

Thanks for the compliment!!

I've always been told that the reason for 2 coats is to ensure even coverage. I applied the 2nd coat about 4 hours later. I believe that the instructions on the bottle said 3 hours.

Looking forward to seeing your work!!

Thanks,
Kevin

emmjay
06-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the compliment!!

I've always been told that the reason for 2 coats is to ensure even coverage. I applied the 2nd coat about 4 hours later. I believe that the instructions on the bottle said 3 hours.

Looking forward to seeing your work!!

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks Kevin :)

I've only done one car so far as I'm new to this - here it is

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/flex-polishers/90313-my-experience-first-ever-detail-first-time-flex.html

- Mukul

iaff78
06-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Thanks Kevin :)

I've only done one car so far as I'm new to this - here it is

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/flex-polishers/90313-my-experience-first-ever-detail-first-time-flex.html

- Mukul

Looks great for your first time.

The black on your pad could be black rubber you brushed up against(i usually found the black on the outter edge of the pad) or trapped dirt more than likely.

If youre concerned about removing the scratches, try a MF pad and compound. I use Meguiars 105 followed by 205 polish. Its a great combo IMHO. Just remember, work the product slow and even. No need to zip your buffer all over the place like a mad man. It takes longer but the finished product turns out better.

Also, that spot on your vehicle, did you use a polish to remove it? Almost looks like something has gotten onto your clear.

Kevin

Pineapple Larry
06-07-2015, 01:06 AM
It looks good. I have a white 2011 Equinox that I am getting ready to do. Hope it looks half as good as yours.

emmjay
06-07-2015, 05:29 AM
Looks great for your first time.

The black on your pad could be black rubber you brushed up against(i usually found the black on the outter edge of the pad) or trapped dirt more than likely.

If youre concerned about removing the scratches, try a MF pad and compound. I use Meguiars 105 followed by 205 polish. Its a great combo IMHO. Just remember, work the product slow and even. No need to zip your buffer all over the place like a mad man. It takes longer but the finished product turns out better.

Also, that spot on your vehicle, did you use a polish to remove it? Almost looks like something has gotten onto your clear.

Kevin

Thanks for the tips man, appreciate it!

I recently got some M205 from AGO as it isn't available here in Dubai, will be trying that soon. Apparently its a great polish and I can vary the cut based on my pad which is exactly what I want :D

As for that spot on the hood, I did try going over it with Ultimate Polish on a white pad a couple times but I thought I had gotten it, but the next day it was still there haha. Will try again when I do a light cleaning soon and might even try UC on a orange hybrid. It feels smooth to the touch though, not like something is on the CC rather its a part of it which is what worries me.

It's currently 48 Degrees Celcius (118 for you guys) outside, so its horrible!! :rant:

iaff78
06-07-2015, 11:27 PM
It looks good. I have a white 2011 Equinox that I am getting ready to do. Hope it looks half as good as yours.

Thanks.

I'm sure yours will look awesome!

Kevin

iaff78
06-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the tips man, appreciate it!

I recently got some M205 from AGO as it isn't available here in Dubai, will be trying that soon. Apparently its a great polish and I can vary the cut based on my pad which is exactly what I want :D

As for that spot on the hood, I did try going over it with Ultimate Polish on a white pad a couple times but I thought I had gotten it, but the next day it was still there haha. Will try again when I do a light cleaning soon and might even try UC on a orange hybrid. It feels smooth to the touch though, not like something is on the CC rather its a part of it which is what worries me.

It's currently 48 Degrees Celcius (118 for you guys) outside, so its horrible!! :rant:

Has it always been there or did it just show up one day?

emmjay
06-09-2015, 07:30 AM
Has it always been there or did it just show up one day?

I honestly have no idea, but I noticed it when i first polished.

Before that, the dealer scratched the hood when my thermostat and coolant had to be changed due to a leak. At that time they polished and left holograms.

That's why I decided to tackle it myself and noticed it.

iaff78
06-17-2015, 10:36 PM
Was that area resprayed before?

It almost looks like when the clear was drying, something fell onto it. I had a 04 trailblazer which i bought used and i never noticed it when i bought it but a buddy of mine who paints cars for a living pick a spot out on one of my doors. It kinda looked similiar to yours and he said that when the clear was applied, the painter leaned up against it while it was drying. He had a name for it but basically it was a reaction with his skin and the oils.

Yours looks like a much larger area though. I still think something fell on it while the clear was drying.

Kev